Chapter 17

[ Flashback continued ]

It was my second week with this damned cast and I despised it! James was on vacation to visit his family in Sevilla so it was me and 2 more employees who had to run the store for a couple of days. We didn't get many customers due to the heavy rain showers so everything went quite smoothly.

"Fleur, I need your help!" Abril pleaded in a rather desperate voice.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"There is a group of customers and I don't know how to help them," she said.

Abril had been working here for a week now so she had been instructed to call me or Miguel whenever she needed help.

"I'm awaiting an important call from DHL about a delivery of t-shirts so make sure to pick up if a call comes through. I'll go and deal with the customers," I said.

She nodded in relief and thanked me. I grabbed my crutches and headed to the front of the store. I saw Miguel helping 2 females and rolled my eyes. He always helped females even if they didn't need help!

"Where has that puta gone?" I heard.

I turned my head and faced 3 guys who looked like gangsters with their baggy clothes and snapbacks.

"How may I help you?" I asked.

My eyes met theirs and I recognized them immediately.

Neymar, Gil and Jo!

"Who are you?" Gil frowned.

"I'm an employee here and I heard you needed help," I smiled, trying not to fangirl.

They glanced at me from head to toe, which made me feel very uncomfortable. Neymar burst out laughing and that made me feel even more ill-at-ease.

Was there something wrong with me?

"So what do you need?" I asked in a shaking voice.

"I need a Nike Venom French Terry, a Nike Storm-FIT Hyperadapt and a Nike F.C. AW77 possibly in red," Neymar said with smug expression, insinuating that I was a female, thus too dumb to understand what he had asked for.

"I will have to check the stock," I said.

He rolled his eyes and waved me away like I was his dog or something. I clenched my teeth as I walked away from them, because I did not like this kind of rude behavior.

"Mierda!" I cursed under my breath when I accidentally tripped over a shoe box near the counter.

I rubbed the back of my head and tried to get up but I wasn't able to with the cast on my leg.

"Miguel can you help me?" I called.

♣♣♣

Edited 7/12/2015