Chapter 171-172

-171-

"And you believed her?" Rafa scoffed after I had told her about the time Fleur had made clear it was just sex.

"Believed what?"

"When she said it was just sex with no strings attached?"

"I guess," I muttered.

"You are an idiot!" she said and smacked her forehead.

"Why?"

"You are blind like most guys when it comes to women. I might not know Fleur as well as you do, but one thing I can guarantee you, she didn't mean those words."

"What makes you say that?" I asked intrigued.

"She is not that type of woman," Rafa said softly.

I frowned at her and she just sighed.

"Continue your story," she then said.

When I reached the part where I had slept with Fleur for the second time, my sister gaped at me in shock. I stopped to inhale deeply and watched her face.

"I-I can't believe you!" she gasped.

"I was wasted and I thought she was Bruna," I mumbled in embarrassment.

"Meu deus!" she exclaimed stared at me like she still couldn't believe what I had said.

I looked at my feet and continued.

"And then a few weeks ago she called me out of nowhere and wanted to see me. That's...that's when she told me that she was..." I stopped to take a deep breath.

"She was what?" my sister asked impatiently.

"She confessed that she was almost 2 months pregnant and that I was the father."

Rafa held her hand in front of her mouth and her eyes were wide with shock. Silence fell between us for over a minute.

"I can't believe this," she mumbled.

"Fleur opted for abortion Rafa..."

"She what?" Rafa gasped.

"And I agreed to it, because it seemed like the best option. I told her that I would be by her side at the abortion clinic, but the appointment completely slipped my mind since I was in Brazil and stuff," I mumbled.

Rafa let go of my hand and stared at me without saying a word.

"And now she is in the hospital Rafa. I don't even know for what, because they won't let me see her or tell me anything," I sighed.

Rafa swung her right arm and slapped me hard on the cheek without a single warning. A gasp left my mouth, not due to pain but due to shock. I had never expected my sister to slap me like that.

"Que porra é essa?/What the fûck?" she yelled.

-172-

She stood up from the couch, placed both her hands on her hips and stared down at me with rage filled eyes. I kept quiet, because what could I possibly say to her?

"Does mãe know?" she snapped.

I shook my head. "No, you are the first."

She held her head with both her hands and rubbed her temples as she paced back and forth.

"Rafa..."

"Cala a boca!" she hissed.

"This is why I didn't tell anyone, because I was afraid!" I exclaimed.

"You were afraid? YOU? What about Fleur? Did you think about her? If you were afraid, then imagine how afraid she must have been!" Rafa yelled.

I was taken aback by her outburst, because I had never heard Rafa yell at me like this in my entire life.

"What have you done? Abortion, meu deus!" she yelled.

I saw her eyes turning watery and it shocked me.

"After Carol, I-I just couldn't. You know yourself what we had to go through when I became a father at the age of 19. I couldn't put our family through all of that again Rafa. I'm with Bruna so having a child with Fleur just didn't seem like the right choice. Fleur opted for an abortion herself and that option seemed so much easier," I confessed.

"Do you even hear what you are saying? We are talking about a baby for god's sake Juninho, not some mistake you can sweep under the carpet!"

I looked down at my feet and let her words sink in.

"I can't believe this! I can't believe what you have done," she mumbled and sat down on a chair at the dining table.

Complete silence filled the room and none of us said anything. She seemed to be digesting my confession and I, well I...my thoughts where all over the place.

"Rafa?" I whispered after a long silence.

"Don't, just don't!" she warned.

She stood up and walked out of the living room without saying another word.

After seeing my sister's reaction, I was horrified to confess the truth to anyone else. I sat there with my hands buried in my hair, not knowing what to do with myself. I felt really alone in that moment and renewed guilt washed over me, thinking about Fleur and how I had let her down when she needed me the most.

----------------------------

Did Neymar deserve the slap he got from Rafa? Can you relate to Rafa or do you relate to Neymar more?