Chapter 52

I told them that I would ask her and join them later on maybe. I headed downstairs and found the booth were I was sitting earlier with the girls, but strangers were sitting there now. I looked around for a bit and then headed to the bar. I didn't even see one single person from my college, which was really strange. I asked the bartender if the club had a terrace, but he told me that they didn't. I pulled out my phone and called Selina, but she didn't pick up so I texted her. I was getting worried that they had left me behind, not that it was a big deal, because I could call a cab and get home. This was so unlike Selina to leave me behind without letting me know. I stayed at the bar, awaiting a reply from her. I called her again, but she didn't pick up. I sighed and decided to go home. Maybe Marco had showed up and she went with him? And my college friends, well they probably went to another club. Club hopping wasn't something unusual in Barcelona. I called a local cab service to get myself home. 

"Hello, I need a cab" I said and told them the address of the club.

"It's Saturday and it's very busy at the moment. It'll take at least an hour to get a cab to where you are" the man on the other end of the line said.

"1 hour?" I gasped.

"I'm sorry Miss. You can try another cab service maybe, but I doubt you'll get one any sooner. You know how Saturday nights are in Barcelona and now with the tourist season, it's even busier" he explained.

"Okay, thank you anyway and please book the cab" I said with a big sigh.

"Alright Miss, it'll pick you up in an hour" he said.

I had to wait at least an hour alone in this club? No way in hell, so I decided to join Gil and Jo again.

"Fleur!" Jo yelled as soon as he saw me.

"Hi, I'm back" I said.

I explained to them what had happened.

"One of us can drop you if you want" Gil offered.

"No, it's alright" I said, because I didn't want to spoil their night.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

I nodded with a smile.