VI: under the scrunity

Start from the beginning

"That was second grade!" I shouted, louder than expected. All eyes turned to me as the whole class began staring at me and the teacher looked over, angry.

"What was second grade, miss Blakely?" the teacher asked. My face would have been so red if I wasn't wearing foundation right now.

"Oh, um, when my dog ran away. David was just bringing it up because he's the one who opened the gate." I replied calmly as the teacher rolled his eyes. It wasn't a total lie- that was something that happened in second grade. It just wasn't what we were discussing.

I looked at a few smiling faces, inwardly laughing at me. That wasn't even funny. Then my eyes landed on the blank stare, more like full on glare of Vanessa. What did I do to this damn girl? Nothing at all.

Maybe she's just a natural bitch. Or perhaps just has a natural bitch face. I tilted my head at her in confusion as she stared at me and then looked away.

"Taylor. " David called, I ignored him, I didn't feel like getting in trouble today.

"Taylor." He whispered again as the guy on the other side of me poked my arm and told me that David was calling for me. I smiled politely at him and told him I knew that he was staring at me. I knew David was trying to talk to me. I wanted David to keep trying so he would get in trouble and not me. I also knew that if I ignored him, he would become more frustrated. He would grow more persistent and eventually stop. Hah!

"Taylor. Taylor. Taylor. Taylor. Hey Ugly." He called for me. I glared at him. "I see you only respond to when I call you ugly." He smirked.

"What do you want?" I hissed, hoping the teacher hadn't heard me. I was about the loudest whisperer on the planet. I groaned when our teacher stood up again. Yikes.

"Mr. Brason and Miss Blakely, would you both like to take a trip?"

"Sure where?" David asked the teacher, I groaned, knowing what he was going to say. David was smug and confident- the perfect combo for a party, not a classroom.

"To the office. Quit disrupting my class and leave." I wanted to slap David for being so gullible, but before I knew it, my legs were automatically moving toward the door of their own accord. No. . . stop. . . I didn't even try. I didn't even want to be here, I wanted to go home and watch Netflix and chill by myself.

My wrist was feeling a bit better today, the swelling had gone down slightly and only hurt if I turnt it a certain way.

"Taylor!" David called behind me grabbing my hurt wrist.

"Ow! You asshole! I glared at him as he smirked, a sly sorry on his face. He so did that on purpose.

"So, do you want to go bowling right now?"

"No." What was up with everyone and bowling lately? I wasn't sure if I should also point out that I couldn't use one hand.

"Come on, it was fun last time. " I wanted to go back in time just to spend time with him. Somehow, David made me feel like the world wasn't on my shoulders all the time. Aside from all the teasing my entire life, David was a pretty damn good friend to me.

"Last week. . . was not fun. You freaking carried me out of science saying I was having a heart attack and dragged me there you moron." I slapped his arm with the hand he'd just been holding and felt the pain ring up my arm. Bad idea.

This year I had gotten so lucky when I found out that David was in all my classes. Sarcasm of course. My senior year and he would be there every single second of the day.