Chapter 16: How It's Suppose To Be

~Spencer~
My phone rings again and once again, it's Matt. I decline the call and it goes to voicemail. I walk downstairs and grab some popcorn, candy, cookies, and ice cream. I balance my phone on my shoulder and hear Averys voice shout through the phone.
"Hey chica! So how's Magcon?"
"Ah. Yeah about that, I left because Matt cheated on me with a girl named Jenny." The name comes out in a scowl.
"Well that sucks, can I come over?"
"That's why I called you." I set down the stuff on my bed side table and grab the tiny folding tea table from my closet with two matching cylinder cushion chairs. I grab my Xbox One controller and go onto Netfix. I start to search Mean Girls as the doorbell rings. I run downstairs and pull open the door, grabbing Avery and pulling her in. I hand her a pint of her favorite Ben And Jerrys ice cream. I run downstairs and grab two spoons and rush back up handing her one. We dig our spoons in. Avery reaches into her purse and pulls out a grocery bag full of Reese's king size. I tackle her in a hug, but not before I set it on the tea table.
"Thank you." I squeeze her once more before sitting back up and taking a bite of ice cream. She throws her head back and laughs.
"Your welcome, I figured you needed some candy and I know your favorite is Reese's."
I nod and hit play leaning into my pillows. My phone rings and Matts caller ID pops up, a picture of him that I took during Magcon while he wasn't paying attention, promising tears. My eyes start to gloss over and a tear rolls down my cheek as I deny the call once again. Avery looks at me and pauses the movie.
"Did you ever give him a chance to talk?" She asks. I shake my head.
"No I was too pissed off."
"Well maybe you should." She says jerking her head in the direction of my phone which was starting to ring. I grab my phone and walk to one of the guest bedrooms. I hit answer.
"Hi?" I whisper into the phone.
"Hi, oh my god. I was so worried that you would never pick up." His voice cracks.
"Well here I am." I say, my voice waves as tears stream down my face.
"I wanted to explain." He stops and waits before continuing.
"I forgot about breaking up with this girl named Jennifer because I was so caught up with you. It's like I couldn't take you off my mind. I still can't now. I love you so very much. I broke up with her as soon as you got on your flight. I would have told you sooner but you wouldn't let me explain at the hotel let alone talk to you after that and then you declined my calls for the last few days. But I just can't live without you." He says, I swear I could see his tears.
"I believe you but I just need a little time to process this. I love you. Bye." I hang up. I just said I love you...crapppp. I mean I do love him but why did I say it? I run back to my room and close the door.
~Matthew~
She said she loves me! We still have a chance. Just that thought sent me into pure happiness. I smile and flop on my bed I wipe away the tears on my face. And with thousands of thoughts of Spencer I drift off to sleep.
I drive up to my driveway and open the garage. I step out of my car and walk to the front door unlocking it and stepping in.
"Spencer, honey! I am home! Where are my two little munchkins?" My voice booms through the house. Just then two tiny children rush toward me. I pick up the tiny girl and kiss her head and she giggles.
"Well hello Addison, or shall I say princess Addy?" I say and give a laugh.
"Hi daddy!" Addison says. I put her down and pick up the bigger but still small boy.
"Hi daddy!" He screams squirming. I tickle his side and he giggles.
"Hi Tucker." I stop tickling him and he fake frowns. Just then my wife walks in swooping down and picking up Addison.
"How was work?" She asks.
"Good. Were they good today?" She nods. I put Tucker down and Addison reaches out to me and grab her from my wife. I said her name earlier. Who is she?
"Spencer you look beautiful." Ah Spencer, wait, Spencer? She smiles.
"You tell me that everyday."
"Well mommy everyday you need to be reminded." I kiss her I look at the clock.
"It looks like it's bedtime!" I say and Tucker pouts.
"But daddy."
"Tucker James..." He nods and he shuffles to his room. I hand Spencer Addison and walk to Tucker's room. He crawls into bed, and I tuck him in.
"Night Tuck."
"Night daddy." I kiss his forehead and walk out his room closing the door. My face meets Spencer's grinning one. She grabs me by the collar and pulls me into what suspect is our room. She kisses me and I slip my tongue in her mouth and she does the same. We part and my hand snake up her shirt and rest on her bare waist. I pull her back to me. She bites my lip and...
I wake up and smile get up buying plane tickets to Virginia.