Chapter 2: Him

~Spencer~
I pull into my driveway, headlights beaming in front of me. I jump out of the car locking it and skipping to the door. I bring my keys to the lock and try shoving it in the hole. I come to realize that the key is the one to my memory drawer. Hmm I guess I'll look at that later. I look at the chain and grab the right one before jamming it in the door and twisting it open. I step inside my house and a wave of cinnamon rolls hits my nose. Mmmmm breakfast for dinner. I walk into the kitchen to be greeted by my mother.
"Hi mom!" I greet cheerfully.
"Hi babe! Making breakfast for dinner! Your fave!" She says turning around, I spot a patch of cinnamon frosting on her chin.
"Uh. You got something right there." I say pointing to my chin. She grabs a napkin and wipes it away.
"Thanks, now go upstairs and do something!" She yells and shoos me away. I rush up the stairs to my room and close the door. I flop on my bed and unlock my phone. I soon get bored and go to my my dresser. I grab my keys and shove the key into the lock. I close my eyes as I hear the sound of the key, I slowly open the drawer and look down. I grab the first thing I see, then plop crisscross on my beanbag. It's a photo album. I gently lift the cover up. I smile as I go through all my baby pictures. I turn another page and cock my head. There is a boy in all of these pictures on this page. Who is he? I turn the next page and he is still in all the pictures and we are doing something together in all of these. In one he is holding my hands, in another we are swinging together, and in another we are dancing. I turn the page and there is no him. But there are pictures of me. Pictures of me swinging by myself, looking at the other swing longingly. Me holding my hands, and glumly dancing alone. I turn back a page and get up. I open my door and walk slowly downstairs as I look at the pictures.
"Hey mom?" I ask, turning into the kitchen.
"Yeah?" She is preoccupied in finishing.
"Who is this?"I say pointing at the pictures. The corners of her mouth turn up.
"That's Matthew Espinosa. You used to be best friends with him." She says turning back to her work.
"Thanks." I walk back into my room. I quickly grab my phone. Wait he is the Matt Espinosa? I go on Twitter and tweet:
@SpencerReeds:@itsmattespinosa do you remember me? 1 Attachment added.
I tweet it to him and lock my phone. A minute later my phone buzzed. I grab my phone and look, it is a Twitter notification. I open Twitter and look.
@itsmattespinosa:@SpencerReeds Yeah, I do. Is that really you Spencer? Don't be messing with me.
@SpencerReeds:@itsmattespinosa Yep. I'm not joking you. I am the one and only GIRL Spencer on the planet earth.
@itsmattespinosa:@SpencerReeds Ahh. Sarcastic just like your mom. Are you sure you aren't just egging me on?
@SpencerReeds:@itsmattespinosa No. I already told you that I wasn't yolking with you!
@itsmattespinosa:@SpencerReeds Haha. Very punny *wink I hope I can see you sometime?
@SpencerReeds:@itsmattespinosa Of course! But where would we meet?:) I really wanna see you!
@itsmattespinosa:@SpencerReeds Umm where do you live?
@SpencerReeds:@itsmattespinosa I live in Virginia. But me and my mom farther down after I turned 6.
@itsmattespinosa:@SpencerReeds Speaking of parents, how's your dad? I miss the old nut!
@SpencerReeds:@itsmattespinosa He umm... He died last year, of cancer. I miss him too, the ole' bugger.
@itsmattespinosa :@SpencerReeds Oh My God I'm so sorry. I sorry also, that I asked.
@SpencerReeds:@itsmattespinosa No no. It's ok. So how about meeting up?
@itsmattespinosa:@SpencerReeds Travel to my next MAGCON. I will send you tickets. Your mom knows. Gtg bye!
I click my phone off did I just? Yep you just talked to the Matt Espinosa, don't freak out. I run down the stairs,
"You knew?!" I scream at my mom. She smiles weakly, I face palm as my mother puts the tickets down, 1 for a plane, and the others for MAGCON.
"Georgia? Tomorrow?" I question. I'm leaving tomorrow! I run upstairs and start packing a suitcase case.