Author's Note

Thank you so much for reading my first official story on Wattpad! I hope all of you liked it and thanks for the votes! It has helped me keep my confidence up to continue working on it. Also, thank you for following me (if you did) and I will follow you back ASAP!

Now I just have a few questions for all of you! Please comment your answers or you can message me them, if that's easier!

1) Who was your favorite character in the story and why? Who was your least favorite? (It can even be one of the characters from the show such as Ragnar, Lagertha, Björn, Aslaug, Siggy's uncles, Blind Seer, Porunn, Athelstan, etc . . .)

2) What was your favorite scene or moment in the story?

3) Was Siggy a "good" protagonist? Was she likable at all? (Reason why I'm asking this is because when I read a book, I'm usually not a fan of the main character, so I need your opinion of what you thought of Siggy.)

4) Is there anything in particular that you would've liked to have read about, or get to know more of in this story that I can maybe bring up in the sequel?

I really wanted to write a story that was more from a viking point of view instead of from a character that was taken into slavery by a viking. I wanted to show that vikings were humans too and they all faced the same problems we do. I can't believe I actually completed my first story! Writing this took a while and was difficult along the way, but you guys made it worth it! Siggy, Leif, Embla, and Asger will always be apart of me now!

Aside from all the gratitude and thanking, I wanted to explain some things that are quite interesting and important in my story of Siggy the Shieldmaiden, that I didn't realize until now! If you watch History Channel's Vikings, then you would probably now . . . (alert! I about to mention a spoiler if you didn't know this!) that the original Siggy, Earl Haraldson's wife, drowned in the third season. Honestly, she always made me suspicious whether or not to trust her, but she definitely was an interesting character. Towards the ending of the third season, Björn does have a daughter and names her after the original Siggy who died after saving Ragnar's sons (young Siggy's uncles). I wrote this fan fiction about the daughter because I wasn't sure if they would ever focus on her in the show. So the story is completely made up! If you don't watch the show that's fine!

If you look back to when young Siggy falls off the boat during a storm, she is drowning and is trying to reach the surface. Therefore this isn't exactly foreshadowing, but symbolizes the death of the original Siggy.

Later on the young Siggy is placed in charge of protecting Kattegat. The names of the characters are pretty important to the story and the character's personality. Here is a list of the characters and the meaning behind their names. Try and think back to the story and how their name implies with their character.

Siggy - victorious protector (The original Siggy protected Ragnar's sons while Aslaug wasn't watching them.)

Leif - heir/descendant

Embla - elm tree (In Norse mythology, the first woman made by the gods was named Embla.)

Asger - spear of the gods

Earl Fritjof (FRIT-yawf) - one who steals peace

Brynjar *son of Siggy and Leif* (BRIN-yahr) - armed warrior

Oydis *daughter of Siggy and Leif* (OY-dis) - good luck

Hakon *son of Embla and Asger* (HAW-koon) - highest son

To get into the show and characters such as Ragnar, Lagertha, and Bjorn; check out the History channel website to learn more. Join the Raid!

Thanks so much for taking the time to read Siggy the Shieldmaiden! I am glad you liked it and please spread the word about it! Have a good one everybody, love ya!!! 

NOTE: PLEASE GO READ MY NEW HISTORICAL FICTION STORY "NOMA" I NEED OPINIONS AND THOUGHTS!!! IF YOU LIKE VIKINGS, MY STORY IS BASED ON THAT!!!

SIGGYOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara