Chapter 10

**Author's Note: the song played in the video above is 'If Only' sung by Dove Cameron from Disney's Descendants. This song really suited Siggy's mood in this chapter and chapter eleven. Enjoy!**

My food wasn't settling in my stomach. Two days have gone by and I still haven't stopped by to speak with the Seer. I arose from my seat and headed for the door. "Where are you going?" Lagertha asked.

"I need to speak with the Seer" I plainly stated and exited the house of Ragnar.

I made my way to the Seer's place and slowly walked in. It was dark, but the moon's light shined through the cracks and on the Seer who sat on his bed in charcoal robes and he had no eyes. He looked up at me and I knew he could sense I was present.

"I've been waiting for you" his voice was coarse. I casually took a seat in front of him.

"What is it you see? What do the gods have planned for me?"

"First what in particular do you want to know?" I straightened my back and cleared my throat.

"I, along with many other women, have always wanted to be a shieldmaiden like Lagertha. However, I realize I don't want to be my grandmother. I want to be a famous warrior like her. But I want to know if my name will be remembered?" The Seer was silent as he nodded his head.

"You have honored your people with your success in Wessex. The gods smile upon you. However, you will come face to face with a missing part of your past. Your soul will face anger but also acceptance." There was a moment of silence between us.

"That's it?" The Seer nodded his head in agreement. He held out his hand and I leaned in and licked his palm, then exited the place.

The crispy wind smacked me once I stepped out of the Seer's house. I turned to the docks and saw a full moon luster over Kattegat. Just when I was about to head back to Ragnar's place I stopped and noticed someone walking back and forth on the shore. I walked a little bit closer and noticed it was Leif. A knot started to form in my stomach, but I headed in his direction.

I stopped when I was about four feet away. He paced back and forth not noticing I was standing here. "Can't sleep?" I finally said, startling him.

"A little. Parents are annoying me and I needed some fresh air." The tone in his voice reassured me that he was aggravated.

"What about?" I groaned. That wasn't any of my business. "Never mind. I don't need to know, it's none of my business." Leif chuckled and walked closer to me.

"It's fine . . they're trying to find me a wife. They've been setting me up with several women for a year now and I've turned them all down. They keep saying that if I want to keep the family name going I need to find a suitable mother and wife."

"So they're forcing this on you?" Leif nodded.

"Both my parents are warriors and so were my ancestors. But I'm not ready to marry someone I don't . . ."

"Don't what?"

"I don't love. Marriage should be about two people who want to live the rest of their life with the other that loves them back!" I looked down at my boots that stood in the alabaster sand. Leif came closer and I could see his hands reach for mine. I looked up and our noses touched. "I-I love you Siggy."

Those three words "I love you" made the knot in my stomach push up to my throat, causing me to be speechless. I stared into his eyes hoping to see he wasn't serious, but I could tell he was. I slowly backed away.

"Leif I-I . . . I am not ready to be wed. I am not even fit to be a mother . . ." I didn't know how to tell him I didn't feel the same way without hurting him. He simply stared at me. I began to walk away and back to my grandfather's house.

SIGGYजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें