Trente et une ~ someone wants to see you

Start from the beginning

"What is so wrong with looking gay, being gay is FABULOUS!" He mocks a gay voice leaving me laughing. "No really, who cares what they're thinking? You know what! They're not here!" He motions to the other people in the park. "As I said before, it's just you, and me, and Paris," I smile and stand up to wrap my arms around his neck.

"Just the way I like it," I say and peck his lips, smiling.

"I hope you know my ass hurts like an absolute bitch tit right now," he says and I giggle and wink at him. "It was definitely worth it though."

"It better have been," I say and lean in to kiss him when I hear a car horn. I ignore it and attach our lips, kissing him softly.

"HEY LOVE BIRDS OVER HERE!" Officer Little's voice rings out louder than the other voices in the park. Dan and I both groan and turn to see him parked in the parking lot. We walk over to him.

"Look, we've been here for about an hour, can't you leave us alone?" Dan says sounding annoyed.

"There's someone who wants to see you."

~

"We're here to see Kaydee Hartmon, please," Officer Little says to the receptionist at the French prison. I take a look at Dan who was twiddling his fingers looking really nervous. I'm nervous too, but I can imagine Dan feeling much worse. I reach over and grab his hand, squeezing it to show support. He looks at me and smiles shakily.

"Right this way," another officer says in a heavy French accent. Dan lets go of my hand so he can ring his own fingers together again out of nervousness.

"I'll leave you two to it," officer Little says and stays behind.

We walk through some halls until we get to a hall with a bunch of separate little stalls that had inmates talking to there families and friends. I gulp when I see the familiar red haired girl sitting in a seat holding the phone in her hands and picking at the tape on it. I hear dans breath shorten at the sight of her.

"It's okay Dan, you're okay," I say and pat his shoulder slightly and he nods walking up to her. There was a glass between us and a phone on her side and a phone on ours so we could talk. A guard stood behind her and her hands were cuffed. Dan sat in the chair across from her but didn't pick up the phone. I reach over and grab it seeing Dan was really nervous.

"H-hi Kaydee," I say in the phone and attempt a smile but she can probably tell I'm freaking out.

"Phil there's a very protective glass between us, I'm handcuffed, and Jerry here behind me isn't letting me go anywhere, you're safe," she says chuckling.

"No, no, it's not that!" I say an she rolls her eyes chuckling. "It's just, we haven't talked and stuff and, how are you?" She laughs again. She sounds so nice. Just like the old Annabell.

"I'm fine Phil, and you? You're night seemed pretty rough, are you doing okay?" I nod and smile. I look down at Dan who didn't even look up at Kaydee.

"I'm sorry, Dan's a little nervous," I say and he dips his head down lower.

"It's okay," she says sounding sad. "All he needs to think of is that he's talking Annabell, not Kaydee. I'm still the same girl, no more, no less," I nod and tilt dans chin up so he's looking in my eyes.

"Dan, don't be scared, she just wants to talk to you," I say and he pulls his head away being stubborn. I groan and lift the phone to my ear again. "It might take a minute," I say and she nods. "I'm so sorry this happened," I say quietly and look down.

"Phil it's okay," she says. "I like this better than what I had before," I look back up and she's smiling. I expected this moment to be sort of sad.