Vingt huit ~ just let me die

If I was a killer, with blood on my hands, would you by alibi, and lie on the stand?

Swear on your life that I'm an innocent man?

If I was a killer.

I clench my eyes and flinch at the sound. My breathing stops. I'm dead. I have to be. Dan screams. A loud piercing noise fills my ears. I'm still crying. I'm dead. She shot me. Why can't I feel pain? Is this what dying is like? No pain? Just questions?

A loud gasp is in my ear. The choke hold loosens around my neck and I fall to the floor sprawled out on my stomach, still unable to see anything.

I hear thump next to me. I don't want to look. I don't want the last thing in my life to see is dans hurt face with tears down his face.

"Kaydee, you did it," I hear Dan whisper over the piercing noise. 

There's more voices. They're running up the steps. Please catch Kaydee and Chris. Please just let me die. Just end it quickly.

There's a groan next to me and the piercing noise leaves. A familiar pair of arms are lifting me up. I whimper with my eyes still shut. The voices are getting closer.

"Phil? Are you okay?" Dans voice is in my ear. How the fuck am I okay? She just shot me! I whimper and bury my face in his chest. "Phil, open your eyes, look at me. You're okay," I breath in his scent and look up in his tear filled eyes. He brushed a tear off my cheek.

"Am I dying?" I ask and he chuckles.

"It's okay phil, it's over, you're okay," I'm really confused though.

"I heard the shot, how did I not die?" He looks past me and I turn in the direction of where he's looking, getting back on my feet.

There Kaydee stood, wide eyed staring down at her dead boyfriend. Or ex boyfriend. I look down at Chris who had blood pouring out of his head. It doesn't look he lived a second longer after the bullet hit him. I look back up at Kaydee who had tears pouring down her face.

"Wow," I say and she nods. "I can't believe you-"

"KAYDEE HARTMON! I WANT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR, DROP THE WEAPON NOW!" Al's voice says as at least six police officers run in the room pointing guns at her. Some of them look down at the dead boy.

Kaydee nods and drops her gun putting her hands in the air. But, technically, she didn't do anything wrong.

"No, Kaydee, you don't have to-" I start.

"No, Phil," she says getting handcuffed. "I deserve this," silent tears run down my face as I watch the scene before me. She was so innocent. She didn't want this. I wasn't so sure how much I believed her, but this sealed the deal.

"Did you kill this man?" Al asks her after cuffing her and pointing at Chris on the floor. Kaydee nods.

"And I'm sure as hell glad I did," she whispers looking at him. All the police officers seemed confused. "Yes, I killed my boyfriend, now can we go before the other one finds us?" They nod. Officer little looks back at us giving us 'the glare' showing that we shouldn't have left. I turn away from his eyes and wrap my arms around dans neck burying my face in his chest. He just tightened his grip considering he already had his arms around me.

"You're okay, baby," he whispers in my ear. "It's over, you're okay," I nod in his chest but refuse to let go. "C'mon, little wants us to go now," he says and pulls back. I kiss him the second I can, just giving him a few pecks.

"C'mon you idiots," little says behind us sounding really pissed. I nod and Dan holds his arm around my waist for comfort as we walk out of the building.

~

We sit in silence on the way back to the hotel. "Our" officers left the scene to take Kaydee to the police station while the French officers stayed back to take care of Chris and try to find the fake homeless guy.

"One job," Officer Little says and Dan and I both look up at him confused. "I gave you two asses one fucking job, it was to stay here, and you couldn't have followed that stupid instruction?" This wasn't our average joking 24/7 Officer Little, he was definetly pissed off at us.

"Sorry," Dan mutters.

"I'm sorry," I say under my breath.

"Sorry?" he asks sounding even more pissed than before. "That's all you two have to say to me? Sorry?" I dip my head down in shame. "You two could have got fucking killed! Just because you've been through like two days of slight police training, does'nt mean that you can do shit like this!" His voice slightly softens.

"Well, we got them didn't we?" Dan asks hopefully. Officer Little sighs slightly.

"We got two of them," he says. "The other ran off, but it doesn't change the fact that you disobeyed a police officer! I can arrest you two! But I like you weirdos so I'm not." I sigh of relief hearing that news.

"Thank you so much," I say looking up. There's a bit of silence before I speak up again. "So what happens now?" I ask.

"You can go home," he says. "After tonight though of course. We'll pay for your plane ticket and shit then you both can go back to London," I smile and look over at Dan. We did it. We're finally free. He smiles back at me.

"Actually, Phil," he says. "We are in the city of love," he smirks slightly at me. "Do you want to maybe, spend a week here with your fabulous boyfriend?" I smile back at him brightly.

"That sounds really nice," I reply.

"I'll call my husband and we'll all have a double date," Officer Little interupts us making us all laugh. "Thanks for all your help by the way," we both chuckly slightly.

"No problem," I reply smiling and look out the window.

~

"So that was a rough night," Dan says crawling under the covers with me back at the hotel. He lays so he's facing me and we both are resting our heads on our arms.

"It was the scariest moment of my life," I reply and shudder at the thoughts of death. "I don't think going in there was a very good idea," Dan chuckles.

"It was pretty bad, but hey, guess what?" he shifts position and wraps his arms aaround my waist pulling me closer. "It's all over now. It's just you, me, and Paris," I smile and rest my nose on his.

"I like the sound of that," I say and he smiles attaching our lips. "I love you, Daniel," I say under my breath after we kissed.

"I love you so much, Phil," he whispers back and pecks my lips again. "I didn't fall in love with Kaydee this easily by the way," I blush and look down.

"Really?" I say and meet his eyes again.

"Really," he replies. "Let's go to sleep now, it's been a bad day. I turn so I could be the little spoon as he drapes his arm over my waist, pulling me closer in the cuddle. I smile and let my eyes flutter shut. My dreams are actually coming alive.

A/N THIS IS NOT THE LAST CHAPTER WE STILL HAVE A FEW TO GO :DDDD

And it was probably obvious at what was going to happen but WHAT THE FUCK EVER IM PROUD YAY