neuf ~ paris

We walk back to the front and officer little leads us the the Kaydee Hartmon case room again.

"Wait here, I'll let them know that you're here," he says and shuts the door. I sit down but Dan doesn't. I look up at him in confusion.

"You okay Dan?" I ask  

and he doesn't respond. I stand up and see in his yes that he's zoned out into space. "Dannn?" I ask waving my hand in front of his face. He doesn't move again. I poke his nose and he snaps out of it.

"What? Sorry?" Dan says snapping out of it. I giggle but get serious again.

"I'm worried about you Dan, are you okay?" He nods unbelievably. "Really?" I ask and he sighs then shakes his head.

"I miss her," he says quietly and I wrap my arms around his neck and he pulls me in a hug. "I hate this," he says quietly. "Why can't I just have a normal relationship like a normal person? Oh god Phil, what will the fans say?"

"Don't think about that now," I say still hugging him. "We'll worry about that when the time comes." He nods on my shoulder an the door opens. We break immediately and three officers walk in and we sit down while they sit in front of us.

"Dan and Phil?" One of them asks and we nod. "We've been working hard to find out where Kaydee is off to now, but it's not easy, you know that right?" We nod again. "Some witnesses caught the sight of them leaving a train in Brighton, but we don't know where they went after that."

"Which one of you was her girlfriend?" The other office asks. I point to Dan and he raises his hand.

"That would be the idiot over here!" he says.

"So did she ever say she was going too be anywhere? Any hopes and dreams? Anything we can use against her? Do you have any of her possessions?" Dan shakes his head. The officer sighs. "Dan, just explain to me, what were some of the things she would talk about more than often? Just a sliver of information about her can mean a big difference, you have to work with us."

"Well, okay. Um, she was kind of a hipster, but I think that was the character she played. She loved the plain white t's and muse and all time low, which we both agreed was an odd combination of bands. She told me she once had a boyfriend named Chris, and he could be sort of controlling and she would always wish she could get him off her back."

"Did you say Chris?" The first officer asks and Dan nods. "How did they know each other?" Dan scrunches his face adorably to try and recall.

"She said they knew each other all their life and he always forced her into new things that she never knew if she enjoyed, but she said he could still be a sweetheart." Dan says. "I was always afraid he would come back and steal her from me."

"Chris is the name of the man she was with," the second officer says and both our mouths drop open. "If she mentioned things from her secret life, then maybe she mentioned something else we can use, keep going!"

"Well, wait, if he's controlling, then do you think she's actually a bad person? What if she's being forced to do this?" Dan says getting eager and I just watch this happen.

"That doesn't change the fact that she's a criminal, Dan. Now think, if she were to go anywhere in the world, where would she be." Dan rests his head in his hands trying to think. He sits like that for a while until he finally speaks again.

"I don't know," he says quietly and the men exhale, one of them groaning."I'm sorry, I'll keep trying to remember if she said anything worthwhile though." The men nod when the door opens and a man in a suit walks in and up to the first officer. I glance back at Dan who had a face of concern as he was probably trying to think again. I look back at the man in the suit who was whispering something in the officers ear.