sept ~ livin like larry

"B-b-but," Dan stutters with tears streaming down his face. "No! This- this isn't true!" he throws the pictures at the man and sets his face to hands crying. I rub his shoulder awkwardly trying to comfort him without looking homosexual.

"I'll leave you two for a minute or two," Officer Little says standing up.

"Thank you," I say as he walks out the door. I stop rubbing Dan's shoulder and just sit letting my heart break silently as he just sobs into his hands. "Dan, I'm so sorry this happened," I say not knowing what else to do. "Look, it'll be okay, I mean, it's better that you found out now right?"

"No, Phil, it's not." he says taking his hands off his face and just stares at the ground. "I wish I never would have met her. How in the hell could I have not seen this? How can I have dated a burglar? A killer? A complete asshole and fell utterly in love with her? She lied to me! She played me like a rag doll. What if she was going to steal our stuff Phil? What if she tried to KILL us?" he looks up at me with furious eyes. "DON'T JUST LOOK AT ME LIKE A LOST PUPPY SAY SOMETHING!" he screams at me and grabs my arms harshly. Fresh tears run down his face. He let's go of my arm and puts his face in his hands again. "Why can't someone tell me this is just a bad dream?" I hear him say slightly muffled into his hands. Tears start to form in my eyes but I quickly blink them away.

"Look, Dan, I know you loved her, but no, I'm so sorry, this is reality," I attempt to hug him but I'm pushed away and he stands up almost furiously and punches the wall.

"GOD DAMMIT!" he yells and slams both of his hands in the wall. "Phil! I was going to marry this girl! I was going to fucking MARRY her!" he yells and glances back at me then turns again to hit the wall more releasing his anger. He just keeps on hitting and kicking the wall before just standing next to it with his hands against his face just crying. I can't stand to see Dan like this. Tears eventually fall down my face but I quickly wipe them away with more to follow. His sobs quiet down and he removes his hands from his face to walk over and sit down next to me. "Why are you crying?" he whimpers and looks up at my tear stained face. I sniffle and wipe away a stray tear on my cheek.

"I can't stand to see you this way," I say quietly and wipe away another uncontrolled tear. I look up to see Dan has stopped crying but looked at me with a sad expression.

"What would I do without you Phil," he says quietly and wraps his arms around my shoulders and I lean my head in the crook of his neck while we cry in silence.

"Sorry," I breath out.

"Phil, you didn't do anything, I was just having a panic attack, you were just being a friend," he says and I smile. We just sit in silence when the door opens but neither of us look back to see who it is. Officer Little walks in and sits in front of us again giving us a look of sympathy.

"Dan, just remember that you're not the only one she's done this to," he says and I feel Dan nod against my head then pull away from me. "I'm sorry this happened boys, but I'm afraid that you're going to have to leave, if you ever have problems, make sure you contact us."

"Can I ask you guys of one thing though?" Dan says. The man nods. "I want to see Anna- I mean Kaydee to say something." the guys eyes widen as if Dan just said something stupid.

"Oh, we didn't catch her," he says and Dan's head shoots up immediately.

"What?"

"We weren't able to catch her, no body has ever been able to!" he says and Dan gives him a look of disgust. "She dropped her phone when she ran off and that's how we called you here, we did try to shoot her though, she's pretty quick."

"How on earth could you let her just get away?" Dan yells standing up. "What you think like, oh, she'll won't try to kill anyone else, let's just let her get away lalala!" Officer Little looks insulted.