vingt ~ no matter what

I stare at the paper with my mouth open. This couldn't be more perfect.

"Can I have this?" I ask the boy reaching for it. He nods and hands it to me before walking away. I just stare at the paper in my hands. I feel like I have the key to the universe in my hands. It had a complete route showing which places they're going to rob, and where they're going next. We need to move quick before she finds out I have the map.

I snap to my senses an rush over to Dan who was in the same position, just staring off into space.

"Dan!" I say a grab his arm. He jumps, startled. I hand him the map. "She dropped this," is all I say and he looks up at me with him mouth dropped open which soon turns to a smile.

"Phil," he starts looking at the paper. "We have to move. We have to go now!" He says quickly and we both rush over to Al and Little who were talking.

"I told you two to stay over there!" Little says and glances at the map in Dan's hands. "What do you got there?" He asks taking the map.

"Kaydee dropped that," I answer and his eyes widen at the piece of sheer luck in his hands.

"Call the others and tell them to get here NOW!" officer Little says to Al who nods and takes out his walkie talkie. "We need to go, now," he repeats to us and we nod following him to the police cars letting the french officers take it from here.

~

"This is just, perfect." Little says once we get in the car to go get the two officers who failed to catch Kaydee. "How do you know she dropped this?"

"A little boy found it," I say. "I don't think he could've been lying about that."

"But it's worth a shot anyways," he says an takes off down the road with the siren on. "We need to head to the next destination before she realizes we have the map!" He says and I nod.

"Where does it say they're going next?" I ask.

"An apartment on the other side of town," he says confusing me. "There's a bank in the apartment." He says clarifying. I nod.

"See?" I say laughing, "I am of good use to you guys!" Officer little laughs.

"Maybe," he says causing us all to laugh again.

~

We drive and have one of the officers that tried to catch Kaydee in the front seat and Al has the other in his car. We drive back quickly to the other police car so we can hurry over to the apartment on the other side of town.

"We tried to catch her and even shoot her, but when we turned the corner she was gone! Just like that!" John says as we keep driving. He hasn't even let Officer Little talk considering he's trying to show that it's not his fault that they got away.

"Okay, John, I believe you," Officer Little says. "But listen, Phil found a map that Kaydee dropped showing every single destination that they're planning on going to, and we have to go to the next one before she finds out we have it!" he says and hands John the map. His mouth drops open at the map, but we pull up to where his car is, and him and the other officer get out and into the car.

"Follow me, I have the map," Officer Little says in the walkie talkie that was calling all the officers. He took off again with the siren on, and going over the speed limit by at least thirty miles.

"So, what do we do while you guys go and police it up?" Dan asks.

"I want both of you to stay in here," he says. "We won't be parked super close to the apartment, so you'll be safe, but I want you two to STAY IN THE CARS NO MATTER WHAT!" we nod understanding. "Even if it looks like everything will be okay, you two don't go anywhere unless we give you permission."

"Yeah, yeah, we get it," Dan says waving his hand.

"But you two left the side of the road without us saying so-" Little starts.

"But we went over, and I happened to find the key to this entire case!" I say feeling very sassy today. I can tell he rolls his eyes.

"If you don't want to be at risk of any danger whatsoever, you will stay in the car." he says.

"Fine," Dan and I both say at the same time. We ride in silence for another minute, the siren the only thing breaking the silence.

"Have you two figured out your status yet?" Officer Little says. I groan.

"No, we haven't yet, would you stop asking?" I say feeling annoyed. "We'll figure it out when we're ready!"

"Calm down, Phil," Officer Little says. "I'm not trying to push anything on you guys, but you are just expecting to be that close in a pool together, and do all the other shit you have in the past couple of days, and still call yourselves just friends? Really?" I look over at Dan for support. To me, all of this makes absolute sense. I would love to have Dan be my boyfriend, but he seems to not be ready for that yet.

"Erm," Dan starts and his face turns bright red. "Look, we don't know yet, and this is kind of personal, we'll tell you when we tell you," wow he made that sound a lot nicer than I would have.

"Thank you for being so kind, Daniel," Officer Little says and looks back at me pointingly.

"Whaaatt?" I whine. "I was just being honest!"

"And everyone thinks you're the sweet one, Phil," Dan says slightly laughing.

"They think that?" Officer Little says sounding fake surprised.

"Shut it!" I say laughing and soon we're all laughing. Officer Little turns off the siren and pulls to a stop on the side of the road.

"We're here,"

I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED THE CHAPTER JUST LIKE LEFT THE UNIVERSE AHH. DONT HIT ME.