vingt six ~ I don't believe you

I run out the door and down the hall careful to keep my footsteps quiet. I can feel my legs shaking as I run and my breath begin to shorten. I'm scared as fuck to be honest. Not necessarily for me, but for Dan.

"Where was he again?" I whisper to myself taking a break from running. My mind honestly seems extremely scattered at the moment. So many different things to worry about. Like whether or not I should've stayed in the room, and what's Officer Little going to do to us when he finds out we were idiots and ran in here, and what the actual crap am I going to do if I run into one of those other guys.

I curse myself for not getting my gun back where I dropped. I'm such an idiot. I glance back to where I came from, debating whether or not I should go back and get it. I think it's too late to get it now. I shrug it off and continue to look for Dan.

I cut through a few hallways that led me to close to where I was before, when I hear voices come from another door. I walk to it and see the lobby. Everyone of the people staying at the apartment had evacuated and police officers swarmed the place, including the ones we were working in.

"Go awayyy," I whine quietly trying to pick the best route to go around them and not be seen. I see the door that led me out of the room that had the staircase in it far by my right which to my luck, wasn't near the officers. That's where I need to go.

I take a deep breath and duck down to run behind a desk that was nearly fifteen feet in front of me. I climb underneath it and let out heavy breaths as I was holding it in from nervousness. I can't let them see me, which it seems that they haven't noticed my appearance anyways.

I sigh at the realization that they haven't caught me yet. I glance over the deck to see the officers walking over to the other side of the lobby towards a dead body.

"Thank you god," I say under my breath and take off towards the door.

I go back the way I came from and down the steps, trying my best to be quiet. I still have no idea where Dan is but at least this is where I saw him last. I walk slowly through the dark hallways of tall boxes and curse myself again for not bringing my gun.

I gasp slightly loud as I hear rustling in some boxes that sounded to be coming from somewhere dangerously close. I turn in the direction of the noise, not breathing. I'm dead. For sure. Someone, Chris, Kaydee, the homeless douche, anyone is going to hop out of there with a gun and kill me. I can't do anything about it though. I'm weaponless. I'm vulnerable. All there is to do now is just wait for the gun shot.

I let out a short scream when a hand is on my shoulder and turns me around. I close my eyes waiting for the shot to my heart.

"Phil, I fucking told you to stay in that mother fucking room you cunt bag!" I open my eyes to meet Kaydee's dark ones. I let out shuddered breaths as I look down her body realizing she's weaponless.

"W-w-why don't you have a gun?" I ask quietly. She sighs.

"I hate killing people," she says quietly. "I hate everything. Why is this my life, Phil?" I see tears forming in her eyes.

"Why do you do it?" I ask quietly. She looks down and sniffs. "Kaydee?"

"H-he'll kill me," she shudders. I really didn't see this coming at all. This whole time I was just focused on how bad Kaydee really was. But this, this is new.

"Who?" I ask and she looks up at me with tears running down her face.

We both gasp at the same time to the click of a gun.

"Get the fuck away from my boyfriend," Dan says stuttering pointing a gun shakily at Kaydee. She gasps and puts her hands in the air before taking a big step back from me.

"Dan," she whispers. "Dan, I'm so so so sorry," she says and I can definitely see tears running down her face. "I didn't want to lie to you, I didn't want to leave you, I didn't want any of this to happen, please forgive me!" she pleads. I stand there speechless. What is there to say? I don't know which side of the story to believe.

"I don't believe you," Dan says quietly. "Give me a reason why I shouldn't shoot you right now," Kaydee whimpers and I can see that she's shaking.

"Dan," I whisper and he looks at me. "I don't want to live knowing you killed someone, and I don't think you want to live with that either."

"SHE'S DONE IT!" he yells and we shush him. He's crying now. "She's killed people! Several people! She deserves it!" I hear Kaydee sniff loudly and quieted sobs come out.

"I'm sorry," she says in between cries. "I don't want to, really, I don't, Dan. I never lied to you! I did fall in love with you! I know we can't be together now, but I just want you to know that," Dan's eyes widen slightly as he seems to believe but he shakes it off back into a mean expression.

"I don't believe you," he snarls still holding up the gun.

"I know," she says quietly and looks down. I hear her humming softly. The humming turns into a very very soft singing. "If I was the worst girl, in the land, would you still be my man? The scariest monster, you've ever seen, would you still love me?" It was the song Killer. The one she would use to hint to him. I look over at him who looked like he had seen a ghost. "Shoot," she says sounding so broken. "It's better than what I have coming for me anyways." I look over at Dan with my mouth slightly open. Why would he actually do it?

"Dan," I say and step in the range of him shooting her. "Let's just let her go," he looks at me like I'm crazy.

"I will not continue to be here on a steak out every night doing the same shit with nosy officers!" he says. "I either shoot, or she comes with us."

"Just shoot," she says.

"No!" I say and step out of the range of fire and look at her. "Why don't you just run away?" I ask and she sighs.

"They'll find me," she says. Dan takes a step closer still holding the gun. I give him a look to make sure he doesn't shoot and he slightly rolls his eyes. "I should go anyways though, they'll be looking for me," she starts to turn but Dan cocks the gun again. She freezes and whimpers putting her hands in the air again.

It happens so fast.

One minute he's wrestling with Dan for the gun, and next there's an arm around my neck from behind and the gun's pressed strongly into my temple.

Hi. <PLEASE READ>

If you're reading then you deserve a fucking medal because this story line moves way too fast for my taste.

I'm going camping this week and I don't know how the wifi is there so I may not be able to update until next Monday *waiting for multiple chairs to get thrown at me*

I'M SORRRY FOR LEAVING YOU WITH A CLIFFHANGER FOR POSSIBLY A WEEK AHHH.

JUST REMEMBER, I LOVE YOU ALL. <3

UNTIL NEXT TIME MY PHAN GIRLS/BOYS BUT ABOUT 95% MORE LIKELY TO BE GIRLS. ;)