onze ~ that song

After settling down on the plane in a seat that I somehow got next to Dan, I actually got a sudden burst of excitement as I can see the bright side of going to catch a criminal. We're going to Paris! France's capital! I have wanted to go to France for a while but just never found the time at all. I'm actually slightly excited. If we catch her, maybe I can convince Dan for us to stay an extra few days to see the different amazing sights.

I put my headphones back in and turn the volume slightly lower shutting the window screen. I hear the pilot say to turn off the electronics but since when do I care? I realize how tired I actually am and lay my head back closing my eyes. I hope everything works itself out and our life can just go back to normal.

~

I wake up when some turbulence got kind of out of hand. I open the screen of the window to see clouds. I look at my phone that said 1 o'clock (or like 13 o'clock or some shit I have no idea what Englanders use as their clock whatever its 1 in the afternoon), so I was out for about an hour. I lay head back on the seat again but keep my eyes open. I glance at Dan who was already looking at me. He blinks and moves his head trying to make it look like it didn't happen but i'm not that stupid. I smile like an idiot. Well who wouldn't if they caught their crush staring at them? I look out the window and continue to focus on the music when Dan taps on my arm. I pause my music and take out my headphones looking at him who looked as if he had just solved world hunger, but he still had a strange look on his face.

"Yeah?" he didn't reply. He just stares at his phone like he had just seen a ghost and hands me a headphone.

"Just, just listen to this," he says and I raise my eyebrows but put in the headphone anyways.

If I was a pirate, sailing the seas, would you come and pillage the village with me?

We'd bury the treasure, and go down together. If I was a pirate..

If I was an outlaw, robbing the bank, would you be my bonnie, help me get away?

Would you blow the trigger, and blow them away? If I was outlaw..

How bad would I have to be?

I'm not so sure what Dan is trying to prove to me. This song seems to match the moment though, with Annabell being an outlaw and all that.

If I was a vampire, roaming the night, would you be my prey and put your neck on the line?

Live in the shadows, and die in the light. If I was a vampire..

If I was a wanted man on the run, would you take the fall if we were under the gun?

Would you drive down beside me in the nooses they've hung? If I was a wanted man on the run..

How bad would I have to be?

I take out the earphone and hand it back to Dan slightly confused.

"The song's called 'Killer,'" he says.

"It's erm, a nice song, good for the moment," I say awkwardly not knowing what else to say. He pauses the song with the same scared expression on his face. "Was there a point to that?"

"There was a HUGE point to that, Phil!" he says sounding nervous. I shrug my shoulders showing I can't find the point. "That was Anna's favorite song, Phil. The Plain White Ts were her favorite band, and this song," he still looks speechless. I raise my eyebrows again still trying to understand.

"Maybe it's just a coincidence?" I say hopefully. "Oh come on, Dan, it's not like she could have been-"

"Hinting to me?" he finishes my sentence. "I think that's exactly what she was doing Phil! You don't know how many times she would replay this song and ask my opinions on it!" his voice is cracking and he looks like he could be getting to tears.

"Well, maybe," I say unsure.

"Do, do you think, she could have actually loved me Phil?" he asks and I look away from his gaze. I shrug my shoulders. I sure as hell hope that she didn't actually love him.

"Dan, I don't know what her intentions were, but remember, we're talking about a serial killer here," he sighs heavily. "She's a criminal Dan, it couldv'e been anything."

"Mistakes were meant to be forgotten," he says almost disregarding what I was saying before. He close his eyes drifting off.

"Just remember what she did," I whisper so hopefully he can't hear. I glance back out the window entering my own little world and zoning out.

~

We arrive at Paris about an hour after that and I wake Dan up to gather bags and exit the plane. Even though its late afternoon, I'm exhausted. I look over at Dan while we wait for our suitcases to return and he looks like he's about to pass out too. The officers are all in their own conversations but Dan and I are just silent. I think he's still listening to killer.

After we leave I finally get to see the actual beauty of Paris. Shops, buildings, flowers, it's beautiful. I glance at Dan who was making the same face I was at all the perfectness.

"Phil, were moving here," he says smiling at me and I laugh.

"Once we speak French well move here," I say and he giggles. Officer little, Dan and I take the same cab to the hotel we would be staying in. We were lucky the cab drive spoke English. I just continue to look out the window at all the amazing sights. I think the only reason I like it is because its not home and it's different. I look over at Dan who tore his eyes away from me again.

"Take a picture it'll last longer," I say laughing he looks at me with his cheeks flushed.

"I was just looking out your window!" He says trying to sound innocent. I laugh again.

"Okay sure Dan," I say sarcastically. "We all know what you want this."

"Honest! I wasn't looking at you!" He says sounding nervous and actually blushing. "I wasn't!"

"It's okay Dan, I was just joking!" I say laughing. He smiles and looks out his window. He actually was looking at me. I wonder if he's starting to have feeling for me. Oh god I hope so.

~

We finally reach the hotel and cheek in to our rooms about a half hour later. Dan and I will be sharing a room. I've been silently praying there will only be one bed.

"Take your stuff to your room and leave it there, meet us back in the lobby when you're done, we need to talk more." Al says to us when he hands us our room key. We nod and go to our hotel room in comfortable silence. Please have one bed. Please have one bed. VICTORY! Dan opens the door to one queen sized bed.

"This is nice," he says and I just nod as I set my bad on the bed. He does the same and I see him walking over to the window. "Whoa," he says and motions me to go over. I look out the window and it is such a fucking view. We can see the Eiffel Tower from here and it's just beautiful. We couldn't have a more perfect room. "So we're actually doing this," Dan says. "We're in actual Paris trying to catch my ex girlfriend, killer."

"I still can't believe it," I mumble and turn around to sit on the bed. He sits next to me. "Hey, Dan, you never finished what you were saying before we got on the plane." He sighs and avoids my eye contact.

"As I said, it doesn't matter," he says. "Just leave it,"

"Dan, you know you can tell me anything," I say and he sighs again louder. "It can't be that bad,"

"Maybe someday I'll tell you, just not now okay?" I nod. I want to know for sure if he likes me or not! I keep seeing all of these stupid signs why doesn't he just tell me? "We should probably get going so they're not waiting on us," he says and I nod again to stand up so we can go down to the lobby.

READ THIS IF YOU'RE READING THIS STORY.

This is just a suggestion, but if you want the full effect, I urge you to go look up Killer by the Plain White Ts. (favorite band EVER btw <3) the song inspired this story and is currently tied with I love your existence (by Alex Goot <3)as my favorite song of all time. 

It's the song that "Annabell" loved (if you didn't already know that whichyouprobablydidso... never miiinddd)

haha ^.^ keep reading.. it's getting SAUCY .. lolnoitsnot :)