Chapter 5: House Of Memories

Promise me a place in your house of memories. I think of you from time to time, more than I thought I would. You were just too kind, and I was too young to know.
******************

Everyday is the same.
I wake up, have breakfast with my mom and dad, then clean up while they go their separate ways for work.

Oh, and I wait for Josh to come hang out. That's what I'm doing right now, waiting for Josh.

I fidget with my blanket for a couple minutes before I begin to get anxious.

I don't know why, but I do know it's making me hyper.

I walk to my closet to grab a pair of sweats to go over my boxers. I stick my legs in them and start bouncing while pulling them up.

I lose my balance and before I know it I'm face planting into my closet floor.

Thank god I never hung those clothes up.

As soon as I hit I feel something fly from the top shelf and land on my mid back.

Whatever it was, it hurt like heck.

I groan and slowly turn over to see a light blue picture album fall from my back.

I pick the book up and open the first page, smiling at Josh and I's first photo together. It was the day after we first met.

We both jumped out of bed early that morning and ran outside aggravating our parents.

Josh and I played in our yard that day dreaming up unimaginable experiences that we'd never live to see.

It was Josh and Tyler. It's always been Josh and Tyler.

I sit on my bed and grab my phone texting Josh:

To Jishua:
I found an old picture album of us. It has pictures from when we first met and everything. Get over here and look at it with me!

Usually I would wait for Josh to come over on his own time, but it's not everyday that you find a long forgotten photo album, and it wouldn't hurt to have an excuse to get him over quicker.

From Jishua:
I'm on my way :)

I smile and set on the left side of my bed; leaning against the mahogany back board.

It wasn't but two minutes later that I heard my door open and steps ascending the stairs.

I look at the door and when it swung open it revealed  Josh and I were wearing the same goofy grin.

He didn't say a word as he plopped down beside of me, and I put the book between us.

"Look! Remember that tree? You used to smack its leaves with a big stick while yelling, 'quit hitting yourself.'"

I blush as Josh brings up my embarrassing moments.

"Yeah I remember. Too bad that storm wiped it out back when we were ten." I mumble and turn to the next page.