Chapter 9: Kiss me Slowly

(Guys, look at me dress.^^^)

When the time comes, baby don't run, just kiss me slowly. Don't run away....
*************

" Tyler, can I, uhm, maybe try something?"

"Sure, I don't see why not," I shrug.

He slowly crawls to the end of my bed and looks up at me.

He gets on his knees and looks me in the eyes. My breath hitches as he goes to stand in front of me.

His face is dangerously close to mine and my eyes involuntary flutter shut as I feel his breath fan my lips.

"Just tell me if you don't want it."

I furrow my brows in confusion as I go to question what in the heck he's talking about, but I'm stopped by his lips on mine.

Oh how I've waited for this.

His lips softly move against mine as we test the water.

"I can't, I'm sorry, I just can't do this," I cry while pushing him away softly.

"Hey, I didn't mean to upset you, Ty. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that...."

"No, I wanted it. God, I've been awaiting that kiss for almost ten years now. I just don't want it knowing that you don't return my feelings and only did it out of pity. That was my first kiss ya know," I state timidly.

"Ty, I don't pity you. I just, I don't know how to explain it, but I wanted to kiss you. It was an honor to be your first kiss."

I just turn my head to the floor and nod.

He gently places his hand under my chin and turns my head up so that I'm staring into his eyes.

"Can I kiss you again?" He asks timidly biting his lower lip.

"Please," I whisper and internally cringe at how desperate it sounded as my breath hitched.

Not even a second later his lips are on mine and moving softly.

A noise of desperation leaves my lips as he continues his slow pace and my breathing goes ragged.

"Can we just lay down and cuddle? I'm still not over the fact I almost lost you...."

"Yeah, of course."

He softly lays me back against my sheets and cuddles into me.

His arms go around my waist, and I snuggle into his side.

"I love you, Tyler."

"I love you too, Josh."

"Hey, Tyler?"

"Yeah, Josh?"

"Will you promise me you won't ever try again?"

"You have my word. I swear I'll never do that again," I promise him, even though I'm not entirely sure myself.

"Good."

We sit in a comfortable silence until I look up at him and let the smallest of smiles hint at my lips.

"Josh?"

"Mhm?"

"Will you dance with me?"

"Of course."

I smile and gently leave his side before grabbing my phone and clicking on the YouTube app.

I know the perfect song.

I click play and wait for the ad to play, while I hook my phone into the portable speakers.

I make my way towards Josh, and he takes my hands his his larger ones; pulling me close.

When Brendon held me close I felt loved, protected, and cared for, but in a platonic way.

Now, with Josh doing the same I feel everything I felt with Brendon x10.

The first couple of lines start to play, and Josh pulls back; quirking an eyebrow at me.

"Just wait," I say quietly.

"And in the end. I'd do it all again. I think you're my best friend."

I smile lazily and lean into him more as we dance in small circles around my small room.

"And I'm yours. When it rains it pours. Stay thirsty like before. Don't you know that the kids aren't all, kids aren't all right?"

I look up and gaze into Josh's eyes and feel my eyes flutter shut as he leans in.

His kisses are soft and slow.

It's like he wants to make sure I'm actually here with him.

I wrap my arms around his neck and his go around my waist as we stand there softly swaying to music and kissing.

Maybe, just maybe, I finally have a chance....

_______{a/n}______

Wow, I just realised this book fucking sucks.

I'm so sorry. Wow.

Idk, I don't want to stop writing, but at the same time I don't want to write something that sucks complete ass....

Q: sexuality and pronouns
(You don't have to answer if you feel uncomfortable. I just want to know how to properly address you guys. Pronouns are not treated with the respect they should be. )

A: I'm straight and she/her.

Not to sound rude, but how does they/them work? Like I am just genuinely confused on the concept? I don't understand it, and I want to make sure not to make mistakes when addressing them. I don't want to misaddress someone.