Chapter 2: I Choose You

(My first selfie on wattpad. Aren't I just cute? Btw I sent this to the wrong person after taking this. I sent it to my best friend and ex crush. Oops)

I know everybody needs somebody to love. Everybody needs somebody to love, and I choose you.
**********

"Josh! You're cheating, that's not fair!" I whine while hitting him with my shoulder.

"Tyler, I'm not cheating. You're just a sore loser." He smiles widely while sticking his tongue out.

I can't help but to smile back; he's adorable. Ten years after throwing sand in his face and here we are; best friends.

Josh and I have held the titles as best friends ever since that faithful day he yelled at me, sending me into a panic attack in my yard.

We're going on eleven years pretty soon, and I still remember the first day we met like it was yesterday. Maybe it's because he was the first kid my age to actually talk to me without insulting me, or maybe it was because in the very moment our eyes met I knew he was different.

I had a pretty crappy social life as a younger child. I never had 'friends'. I was forced to play tic tac toe and boardgames with myself; not that I'm complaining, at least I was always winning.

When Josh came along he turned my world upside down. I no longer had to play boardgames or tic tac toe by
myself, I had him. I had a friend.

I've given up on my little game of Mario Kart, instead I've opted to stare at Josh as he plays the game. When Princess Peach gains on him he quickly jumps and presses the joy stick forward harder as if that would make him move faster.

He threw a banana peeling and she wiped out; the smirk on Josh's lips was sickeningly taunting.

I was expected to be straight, but Josh made that task very difficult. Hazel eyes, soft dark curls, stunning smile, and a jaw line crafted from God himself.

Josh is the definition of perfection. I don't know how much longer I can go without telling him about my sexuality.

Sometimes I feel myself wanting to lean into his warm touch and stay in his arms forever. I want to lean in and kiss him when we face each other on my bed smiling like idiots as we exchange cringe worthy jokes.

What if one day I accidentally lean in a little too far? What if one day I accidentally spill my feelings to him? I'm sure that's the worst thing that could ever happen to me.

"Tyler, are you going to just sit and stare at me?"

I jump out of my day dream; almost falling off my bed.

"I, uh, sorry. What?"

I can feel my cheeks heat up and I'm sure they're crimson.

"I said, do you wanna go get some Taco Bell. I'm hungry," he stated rolling his eyes, but smiling.

"When do I ever say no to Josh Fun and Taco Bell? Let's go!" I yell and he starts laughing.

"Josh Fun?"

"Yes, Josh Dun is Josh Fun," I state sassily while rolling my eyes.