Chapter 11: Sledge Hammer

If you could take my pulse right now, it would feel just like a sledge hammer. If you could feel my heart beat now, it would hit you like a sledgehammer.
************************

From Beebo:  Hey Ty wanna hang out at the mall today with me and Dallon? He'd love to meet you.

To Beebo: sure I'll be ready in like 20 minutes. Plus I wanna meet your boyfriend ;) winky

From Beebo: he's not my fucking boyfriend

To Beebo: winky

From Beebo: what the fuck is wrong with you Tyler?

To Beebo: winky ;)

Read 2:38

I guess I should text Josh and let him know I'll be gone so he doesn't come over to an empty house.

To Jishua: I'm going to the mall with Brendon and his boyfriend so I won't be home.

I toss my phone on my bed and walk to my bathroom. I go to my bathroom and brush my teeth before walking to my closet.

Mhm... what should I wear today.

The fall weather is setting in now and it's a bit chilly so I decide to go with warmer clothes.

I look through my closet and discard every rack I look at, until I find a grey turtleneck sweater and my eyes go wide.

I forgot about this sweater, I used to wear it all the time last winter.

I pull it off the rack and go to my dresser grabbing one of my many pairs of black skinny jeans. I hurriedly get dressed and slip on my floral vans when I hear my phone 'ding'.

From Jishua: but I'll be bored! Can I come too?

To Jishua: idk let me ask Brendon.

Read 2:54

I sigh and run my fingers through my hair while messaging Brendon. I know he's not Josh's biggest fan, but Josh does mean a lot to me and he knows it.

To Beebo: can Josh tag along too?

From Beebo: I don't really want him too.

To Beebo: pls Bren. You've never even met him just give him a chance.

From Beebo:  I guess youre lucky I like you joseph.

To Beebo: winky  ;)

Read 2:59

I'm sure my face splitting smile makes me look as creepy as a one of those clown dolls with really bad makeup designs.

To Jishua: get ready

Read 3:01 

I walk downstairs grabbing my phone and fluffing my hair up a bit before I hear a car honking.

I walk outside and earn a whistle from Brendon. I smile sheepishly and do a little turn modeling my outfit.

I see Josh exiting his house and Brendon's smile falters, but mine only grows.

I jump in the backseat behind Brendon, while Josh gets in on the other side.

I notice the tall brunette in the front passenger seat.

"Hi, m' Tyler," I say somewhat shyly.

"Aw, Brendon he is cute," The man I'm assuming to be Dallon says looking at me.

I blush and turn my head as Brendon pulls out of my driveway.

"Hi Tyler, I'm Dallon," he says beaming at me, and I meet Brendon's gaze in the rear view mirror.

"Winky."

Dallon looks at me confusedly as Brendon glares at me giving his 'you better keep that dirty whore mouth of yours shut Tyler bean Joseph.'  look.

I smile widely as Dallon turns to face a forgotten Josh.

"Hey, I'm Dallon what's your name."

Josh grins and the crinkles form below his eyes as he does so.

"M'Josh." He says then looks over at me.

I slide my hand across the leather seat and intertwine it with Josh's. He looks down at our hands then up to me as he smiles.

My heart always flutters when I'm with Josh in anyway, but now it's practically jumping out of my chest.

It feels like a sledge hammer has replaced my heart and it's fighting to escape.  I made a new friend, I'm hanging out with my best friend of ten years and crush of 7, and I've got whatever Brendon is.

Brendon parks and we all climb out of the car and I instantly get hit with a cool breeze causing me to slightly shiver.

I hold Josh's hand as we walk into the mall, and Dallon has his arm around Brendon's shoulder; guiding him.

"Let's go get pretzels!" I yell as I drag Josh towards the pretzel vendor with Dallon and Brendon fallowing behind us.

Today's going to be a good day, I can just feel it.

_______{A/N}_______

stay street fam |-/

Q: favorite Halsey Song (s)

A: Is there somewhere
Roman Holiday
Hurricane
&
Trouble-stripped