Chapter Twenty-Six

Since the incident with Kyle everything around the house has been very tense. Hayden has guards watching us like a hawk and it is really starting to get on my nerves. It is like they are everywhere and all my privacy has disappeared. I understand Hayden just wants to look out for me but this is going too far.

On top of everything Ciara is supposed to be coming back from her trip to six flags and I am happy as hell but scared for her too. I can't protect her now that I am pregnant and that worries me. After I took a shower I threw on a black maxi dress with a short blue jean jacket and flats. It was starting to get cold and that was not working for me. I headed downstairs to see Levi and Lucas sitting on the couch watching some basketball game and just shook my head. They have practically moved in; every time I look around they are here eating up our food or sleep. When I got to the kitchen Hayden was at the table looking at his phone which was now a usual thing. I took out the ingredients to make French toast and bacon cause I was extremely hungry. While I was preparing the stuff I heard the door open and close and just thought it was one of the boys until I felt arms attach around my waist hugging the death out of me. "Anna! Anna! I'm back!"

"Back from where, I thought you were here the whole time," I said pretending not to know she had left. "From six flags, didn't you notice I was gone?" she now had her sad puppy eyes on but I couldn't let her get me. "I could've sworen you were here the whole time," I said scratching my chin. She looked like she was about to cry and then perked up. "I bet Hayden knew I was gone," she said pointing to him. He looked up and then shook his head. "Nah little bit I thought you were here the whole time." her face instantly fell and a tear escaped her eyes. "So no one knew I was gone?" she was just about to walk away when I grabbed her pulled her up. "Of course I knew you were gone lady bug!" I said swinging her around.

"But you said-"

"I was just playing with you lady bug," I said wiping her tears away. "What about Hayden?" we both turned to Hayden as he put his phone down. "How could I forget about my most favorite person in the world," he said taking her and throwing her over his shoulder. "What you cooking for breakfast?"

"French toast and bacon."

"I want some," he said putting Ciara back down and wrapping his arms around my stomach and kissing the back of my neck. "Me too!" now I was cooking for everyone.

When I was done we sat at the table eating while Ciara handed her gifts to us except for Levi and Lucas. "Where our gifts," Levi asked hurt. "I don't know you," she said simply before she started back eating like nothing happened. I laughed at his face because he now looked like he was about to cry. "You know me now."

"So."

"So where my gift?"

"Back at six flags waiting for you to buy them." I laughed even harder at his face. He couldn't believe she was saying this but I knew she could be mean; she did learn it from me.

"So what you plan on doing today," Hayden asked me ignoring Levi's sad eyes. "I'm going down to the restaurant to make sure everything is ready for the charity ball. I have to meet with the president of the charity about payment so once that's done then I will go shopping with Angie for a dress."

"I want to come Anna, I need a dress too."

"I thought you were going over to a friend's house to play?"

"I wanna go with you, please."

"Fine go wash your hands and then we can go. "She raced upstairs like her life depended on it. I put up the dishes and went to get my stuff together in the living room. While I was putting my phone in my purse Hayden came up behind me. "Make sure you be safe." I turned around and saw he was serious and was worried about my safety. I grabbed his shirt and pulled him close to me to where I could smell his cologne. "I promise I am just going to the restaurant and then the mall."