Chapter Five

So this spring break week has been quickly passing me by. All I have really done is slept late and worked. I thought cutting out school would make it easier but really its harder, I am beyond tired. I finally got a day off and Ciara was at a sleep over which meant I could relax all day. Just as I was about to head to the bathroom my phone started to ring.

Me: Hello?

Unknown: What up baby girl?

Me: What do you want Hayden?

Hayden: Trying to see if you wanted to hang with me for the day.

Me: I kind of planned to just chill at home.

Hayden: Well now you are chilling with me. I be there in an hour.

This nigga couldn't take a damn hint sometimes. I really wanted to be alone today and now I had to deal with him. I went into the bathroom and did my hygiene thing and went to my closet to find something to wear. I decided to wear a short black maxi dress with my black sandals to match. I put my hair up in a messy bun. I put on my silver heart earrings and a little mascara with eyeliner and red lipstick. By the time I was done Hayden texted he was outside, so I grabbed my purse and headed out. When I got outside I saw him leaning against his truck. He was wearing some black True religion jeans with a white V-neck T-shirt and silver chain. I had to admit he was looking cute today. "Damn baby girl you looking fine today," he said opening my door. "You don't look bad yourself," I said getting in.

"Where are we going," I asked once he got in and started driving. "Thought we could hit the mall and then get something to eat after."

"I don't have the money for that Hayden."

"Don't worry about it baby girl, it's my treat," he said as if it was nothing. I really wanted to argue with him but I knew I would get nowhere. I would just play along and find an excuse not to get anything that way he wouldn't have to buy anything for me.

We arrived to the mall and it was crowded he could barely find a place to park. He let me out and took my hand walked me into the mall. A part of me liked the feeling of people knowing I was with him but another part of me knew people would never think we were together. "Where's lil bit," he asked breaking my thoughts. "She's at a sleep over for the next two days." He nodded his head and continued walking. "What store you wanna go in first," he asked stopping to look at me. "Doesn't matter to me," I said shrugging and not looking in his eyes.

"There as to be somewhere you like to go and shop."

"Honestly I don't get a chance to shop much since I am always working and stuff."

"Come on I will take you wear my sister likes to shop when we come here," he said dragging me along. He stopped at an H&M and pulled me inside and then looked at me. "Go on and find something you like. You can get whatever you want." At first I just stood there looking at him and then went and started looking at some clothes. I found this cute strapless gold dress it was a little short though. "You want that," Hayden asked from behind me. "I don't know I think it might be too short." Instead of answering he just to ok the dress and walked away. He did that for every store we went to even if I kind of liked it he took it and bought. Our last stop was footlocker where he was like a kid in a candy store. I then saw him heading to the register with four boxes of shoes. When he walked back to me he handed me a bag. "What's this," I asked confused as we walked out the store. "Now we both have matching shoes." I just sighed and kept walking.

"You have fun," he asked as he got in the car. The truth is I was kind of having fun but I didn't want him to know it. "Where we headed now," I asked instead of answering his question. "I was thinking maybe we go eat at IHOP." I nodded my head and looked out the window. We really didn't talk much but just listened to the radio which was great for me so I could think about the events of today. I was so consumed with my thoughts I didn't realize we were here. "You okay baby girl, I been trying to get yo attention for five minutes now," Hayden said looking at me.