Imagine ~ ghita21

Imagine ~ ghita21

"I still don't know if you can get phone reception in Asgard but anyway... please just call me back if you get this?" You hung up the phone and flopped back onto the bed. You glanced at the clock and read 11:34. Every night before you went to bed over the last two weeks you'd called Thor. He'd said he was going to visit Steve and just didn't return. After he'd been missing for a day you'd been panicky and had called most of the Avengers. None of them had seen him; until Loki told you Thor was in Asgard. You didn't want to believe him but it was the only lead you had.

You'd gone through desperation to anger and all the way back to loneliness. You just wanted him back but you knew the moment you saw him you would be angry. You went to sleep and woke up with no notifications - again. You'd been calling him as much as possible since you'd given him a phone to keep for emergencies.

After he'd been missing for 3 days the horrible thought that maybe he didn't want to be with you anymore crept into your head. What if he no longer loved you and that was it? Maybe your 6 years together didn't mean as much to him as it meant to you. You'd tried to push that thought to the back of your head and ignore it but it loomed every night. You were close to giving up and just leaving him be - if he was hurt Loki would have obviously told you so he could taunt you.

For yet another day you weren't planning to go into work. You'd missed two weeks and today was the beginning of three weeks. No. You would go into work - sitting at home alone wasn't going to bring him home any quicker. So you got up and had a shower, for the first time since Thor had gone missing,  got dressed and had breakfast. Getting ready and having a purpose had woken you up a bit and given you some hope. Maybe something urgent had happened in Asgard and he could come home straight away and couldn't contact you. As you swung the door open to leave, Steve raised his hand to knock on your door.

"What are you all doing here?" You asked confused. Steve, Natasha, Tony, Bruce, Wanda and Maria all stared back at you. "Where are you going?" Natasha asked, sounding surprised. "I'm going to work." You replied slowly. "Why are you here?" You repeated - very puzzled by now. They all looked at each other awkwardly. Steve was stood at the front and so became the spokesperson. "Well... we were worried about you, so we came over to try and get you out." Your mouth opened in surprise slightly. You'd never felt quite accepted by all of Thor's 'colleagues'. "But... but...." You stuttered. "You don't like me?" You said shyly. In front of all these superheroes you felt tiny. "Look we know we give you some stick for being Thor's girl, but you're pretty cool really. None of us have seen you for the past two weeks and we know you must have been going out of your mind - so we came to help." Tony said. That was the most heartfelt and kindest thing you'd ever heard Tony say to anyone.

"Wow." You said shocked. You swallowed. "Thank you. Thank you so much for caring about me that much but I'm fine- really!" Steve looked at you disbelievingly. You felt the pit open again in your stomach. "Ghita... it's alright to be not be okay." Wanda said soothingly, stepping forwards. You nodded, feeling the tears build up behind your eyes. "I know... but I'm fine!" You managed to say. One look from Wanda and you lost it. She pulled you against her and held you tight while you cried. The others walked into your apartment and Wanda led you in.

You were sat on the couch while the others bustled around your apartment - tidying up and making tea and coffee. You say there in silence. Once someone pushed a mug into your hands you snapped back into reality. "So tell us what's been going on from you point of view - we're going to find him Ghita" Maria said to you. "Um well he said he was going over to Steve's apartment and then he just never came home." You took a sip out of mug and wiped your eyes. The others looked between themselves. "What do you guys know?" You asked. "He told us a week before he left that he would be going on holiday with you." You looked down. "So he's been planning to leave." You sighed "Maybe he's just left me." You felt a reassuring hand rub your back and a chorus of 'No of course not'.