Pregnancy Series: Steve

Finding out || Telling him -
"Steve I want foooooood!!" You whined again for the 10th time. Steve looked up from his book and sighed at you. "What do you want?" You had been bugging him since he began reading his book and he finally answered you. "Well this might sound a bit weird but I really want gherkins, you know like the little ones in burgers at McDonalds?" He looked at you a little strangely. "So you want me to go to McDonalds to get you a box of gherkins?" You nodded and be shook his head chuckling "And why can't you go?" You smiled sweetly "Because you love me?" He smiled and leant towards you "You're lucky I do." then he gave you a little kiss and stood up from the couch. He said goodbye and left the house. You wandered into the kitchen to get a drink and stopped to look at your wedding picture. You and Steve had been married for 1 year so far and it had been the best year of your life! You felt a tear prick your eye and you wiped it away sighing "God I'm so hormonal at the moment!" You said to yourself as you carried on to the kitchen. It wasn't long before Steve got back and you ate the gherkins. "Since when have you liked gherkins anyway?" Steve asked while you were watching TV. You just simply shrugged your shoulders "I thought I didn't but then I had a random craving for them!" He smiled and stood up, stretching. "I think I'm going to go to bed, you coming?" You nodded and stood up as well. A little later on you were both in bed all snuggled up a falling asleep.

You woke up feeling violently ill and jumped out of bed, racing for the bathroom. You knelt by the toilet and began to throw up. Quickly you felt a soothing hand on your back and holding your hair back from your face. Steve murmured softly while you threw up a few more times. Once you were done you flushed the toilet and sank back to the floor, looking at Steve. He looked very worried. "Are you okay?" He asked while handing you a glass of water. You took a gulp and washed your mouth out before answering. "I don't think I'll throw up again but I don't feel better." His face creased up in worry. "Come on let's get you back to bed." then he helped you up and into bed. You fell back asleep for an hour or so before waking up feeling completely fine. You walked into the kitchen and spotted Steve by the cooker. "Hey honey" you said as you hugged him from behind. He turned around and hugged you back "You feeling any better?" You nodded happily "Yep I feel fine now. What'cha making?" You glanced at the hob "Scrambled eggs" you thought for a moment "Can I try some?" Stove looked back at you, puzzled "But you don't like eggs?" You replied "I know but they smell really good!" He chuckled "Sure, I'll make you some extra if you like it!" You leaned up on your tip toes and kissed him on the cheek before getting yourself a drink. A little while later you and Steve had both finished eating the eggs and were watching TV. You got up to go the toilet "Do you want me to pause it for you?" He called "No it's fine!" You replied. You did your business and then went to head back to the front room when suddenly you felt sick again. You turned to the toilet but didn't throw up and the sickness passed away. You sat on the toilet, with the lid down, and thought for a moment.

"Oh my god" you whispered to yourself. You could be pregnant! That would explain the sickness and the weird food cravings! You took a deep breath. Should you tell Steve before you take a test? You sat for a few minutes before Steve knocked on the door "Y/N? Everything okay?" You stood and opened the door "Yeah, sorry." he grinned "No problem." then you went back to the film. In the film a woman found out she was pregnant and you tensed up slightly when it happened. "You okay?" Steve asked, as you were smuggled into him. You nodded but didn't say anything. Steve leant forward and grabbed the remote, pausing the film. "What's up? You've been off for a while now." You sighed "Nothing's wrong Steve!" He frowned "You can tell me anything you know?" You nodded and went back to watching the film.

After the film you said you needed to go shopping and left the house. You went straight to the pharmacy and picked up a pregnancy test. You weren't sure whether to take the test and tell Steve if it was positive or tell him before or even take the test and not tell him if it's negative. Steve wanted kids so badly and you couldn't bear to get his hopes up and then not be pregnant. You drove home and headed to your en suite. You entered the bathroom and opened the box. Staring at it, you felt butterfly's in your stomach. A few deep breaths later and you still weren't ready. "Oh god I need Steve!" You said to yourself and left the bathroom, surprised to find Steve in the bedroom. "Oh Y/N!" Steve jumped when he saw you "I didn't know you were back!" Then he noticed your scared face. "Y/N what's wrong?" He said walking over to you. "Steve I need to tell you something." His face became very serious and slightly scared. "What is it?" He asked anxiously. You took a deep breath "I think I might be pregnant." It took a moment but then his face lit up! "Really?!" He asked happily. You nodded "That's brilliant!" You grinned and hugged him tightly. "I was just going to take the test but I need you with me." He smiled "Well go do whatever it is you do and then we'll wait together!" You grinned and ran back to the bathroom, not scared at all anymore. You took the test and went back to Steve. "How long do we have to wait?" He asked, still grinning. "5 minutes" he sighed "Oh Y/N I'm so happy!" You smiled "I wasn't sure whether to tell you or not because I didn't want to get your hopes up and then break them." He shook his head "I'd rather now and support you then not know at all" You chatted for a bit before your phone beeped; you'd set a timer. Anxiously you both looked and the test. "Okay so two lines means pregnant" you told Steve as you picked it up, upside down. "Oh I can't do it! You turn it over!" Steve laughed and took the test from you. "Together." Then he put one end of the stick in your hand and turned it over.