Pregnancy Series: Bruce

Pregnancy series: Bruce

Finding out || Telling him -
"Good morning, or should I say afternoon!" Bruce smiled down at you from the doorway. You looked at your bedside clock before groaning and flopping back onto the pillows. "Why did you let me sleep this late?" You moaned. You head his soft chuckle as he snuck into bed with you. "You just looked too adorable to wake!" You smiled and snuggled into him. "I love you" You said quietly "Love you too" He replied. After cuddling in bed for a bit too long you eventually dragged yourself out of bed and took a shower, got dressed and decided there was no point in dressing prettily as over half the day was gone anyway so you may as well have a lazy day. You plodded into the kitchen and grabbed a bowl to pour yourself some cereal before Bruce popped his head in the door. "I made waffles! They're in the living room." You grinned and put the cereal and bowl away then ran through and gobbled up a waffle.

Later on in the day the two of you were reading books while sat together. You were trying to think of something to get Bruce for your anniversary present. You'd agreed there was a £10 limit which would help save money and encourage you to make it more personal. Bills seemed to be higher than ever and you were having to cut back a little. "Right, I need to go! Bye honey!" He was meeting with Tony to do some sciency stuff. You knew he wasn't going to be back until late so there was no point waiting up for him, so you went to bed as soon as you felt tired. When you were curled up in bed you realised something. The week after you wedding anniversary was the anniversary of something else. The birth of your baby girl, Annie Jemima Banner. She died two days after she was born due to being premature. The two of you always did something special to remember her on the anniversary of her death. Due to losing your first child your relationship with Bruce had almost crashed and burned, but somehow you managed to fix it! Losing the baby absolutely broke you, you stopped eating and barely did anything, never went to work or saw your friends. Eventually Bruce took you to the doctor and he diagnosed you as depressed. You went to counselling and started taking meds and now you're almost off them! It's been 4 years since Annie died and 5 years since you became Mrs. Banner. Recently you and Bruce had discussed trying for a baby again, having not wanted to when you were still depressed. You'd been trying for 2 months and hadn't fallen pregnant yet, but you had not lost hope one bit!

When you woke up Bruce still wasn't in bed and you were a bit confused. It was 9 o'clock and so you doubted he would be awake after spending a night with Tony Stark. You wandered into the living room and there, asleep on the sofa, was your husband. He'd managed to take off his shoes but still has his jacket on, so you put a blanket over him as he looked cold. You made yourself some breakfast and went about your normal day. You had to go food shopping and once you'd returned from the shops Bruce woke up; it was around noon. "How was your night?" You asked teasingly. "Uggh, I drank a bit too much and stayed up way too late!" He groaned rubbing his temple. "I guessed that's what happened." You replied offering him some painkillers, which he refused. "What are you going to do for the rest of the day?" He asked. "I don't really know!" He thought for a moment "Well I'm planning on taking a very special lady on a picnic!" You raised your eyebrows "And who is this lady?" He smiled "My gorgeous wife!" You giggled and smiled. "Okay! Where'd you wanna go?" He frowned before saying "It's a surprise!" Then he quickly got dressed and put together a picnic. He drove you to a little park nearby and you sat and had a very romantic afternoon. "So what do you want to do for tomorrow?" Tomorrow was your anniversary and you still hadn't decided what to get him. "Well we normally go out for dinner some place nice so I was thinking we could make a posh dinner ourselves? I think doing it together would be really nice!" You agreed with Bruce's idea and packed up the picnic, returning home. That night you and Bruce were just so caught up in love that you had the best night you'd ever had! Well actually you did have a wild night about two weeks ago.