What Kind of Nurse Are You?

Start from the beginning

"I just needed to add one detail to your argument if you don't mind.  I overheard you mention that you would be using Iridium to build it, which you said would hold the weight because it is the most dense metal.  I must firmly disagree with you on this.  I know for a fact that Iridium has an exact density of 22.5 grams per cubic centimeter, and that Osmium is more dense that Iridium by no more that 0.09 of a gram.  I thought I would just tell you because I thought you should know..." I say, ending softly and looking at the ground ashamed to have interrupted their conversation.

I smile to myself as I see each person look at their sheets to see that I was indeed correct, and that they had made a mistake.  As if in sync, the all looked at me with dropped jaws.

"Who are you!" one of them asks me after composing them self.

"Sandra," I say with a quick smile.  "I am a new student here as of today!" They were still staring at me, and I was beginning to become uncomfortable.

A short red head walks up to me with a huge smile. "We don't normally allow people into our group, but with you we can make an exception. I'm Skylar!" she says, holding out her hand.

I chuckle her words of 'not accepting people,' because they probably have never had the option of turning someone down.  I take her hand and shake it.

"Do you mind showing me around this place?" I ask nervously.  "I am very bad with directions."

"Of course!" she says in a bubbly manner.  "But first let me introduce you to the group."  After introductions, Skylar then chirps a quick, "Follow me!", and rushes off toward the building.

Following her, I see she leads me to the front of the school.

"Who are those people?" I ask Sky, looking at the large group by the front entrance.

"Oh those are the popular people," she informs me.  "And most of them are already taken.  So don't get your hopes up.  But I don't see why you would; they would never date us," she says mostly to herself.

"Whatever you say," I reply unsurely.  

We walked up to the crowd to get inside of the school.

You know those awkward moments when a guy is staring at you and you just want to hide behind your friend and pretend you are not there. This is that exact moment; I wish I could turn invisible. I was really uncomfortable with the whistling coming from the guys and stares down my shirt. I decided to do something that I would never attempt; I held my head high and acted as if I owned the place. Suck it, huh, huh. I was accomplishing my goal for a long time until I tripped on something and landed face first on the concrete steps. Holy hell that hurt.

"Oww!" breathed out a low voice. I looked up to a hot guy rubbing his shoulder. What the crap; I didn't even hit him in the arm. He was staring me in the eyes and I knocked him out of his daze.

"I am sorry; I didn't see your foot." I swear I felt blood dripping down my face, yep it was blood, and I tasted it too. He kept rubbing his shoulder looking at me. "What's wrong with your shoulder?" I snapped at him finally.

He put his hand down and looked shocked for about two seconds, "Uh, your nose is bleeding."

I felt my face getting hot and wiped some of the blood dribbling down my face. I looked down to see my leg bleeding and noticed the dude's six-pack through his thin shirt. I looked at him to see him smiling a little. Great, I am embarrassing myself. Move your ass Sandie. "Umm. . . Sky we should go." I dragged her through the now silent crowd to the inside of the school.

Sandie looked solicitous about what just happened, but she was also grinning. "That was Cole. The most popular guy in school, girls drool over his perfect body." She could tell I looked miserable and motioned me to the nurse.

The nurse's office was different; there were cat pictures everywhere and swirly things hanging off the ceiling. A pink fuzzy chair was in the corner of the room. An older guy wearing purple cheetah scrubs walked up to me frowning. "What in high heavens did you do to yourself?"

"I tripped."

"Okay, I am Nurse Eduardo. I am Spanish, but most people think I am Jewish." He seemed to think about that thought a while.

"Umm, Mr." I softly shook his arm.

He shook his head with wide eyes. "No don't call me Mr. I prefer to be called June."

Okkkaaay. . . He is creeping me out and the millions of cat eyes staring at me from the wall; I swear I saw one move.

"Nurse Eduardo June I have a nose bleeding, so can you get me something." He motioned me to sit in one of his orange dolphin chairs. He was digging through multiple drawers and finally pulled out something.

"Here!" He was holding a tampon.

I composed myself so I wouldn't laugh, "that's a tampon, Mr. . . I mean June."

"Si, it is a tampon, I use them all the time when I have nose bleeds. Just shove the cloth in your nose." He was serious.

I shakily took the package from him, and for who knows what reason put the tampon in my nose. I breathed in, smelling lavender. What else? "Lavendar?" I laughed.

"It's my favorite kind. Want to hear a story?"

"No."

"Once upon a time, I was shopping at Walgreens and I got kicked out of the store for trying to steal tampons by shoving them in my pants." He looked down at his pants, frowning.

My ears were having nightmares right now. "Why do you need them?"

"You don't ask a lady how old she is, right?"

"Yes." What was his point?

"So don't ask what my tampon business is. Want to know what I do in my free time?"

Lord, I want out of here. "Fine."

"I am a taxidermist!" He pointed to a terribly stuffed cat. It looked like the face was smashed in, and the mouth was sagging, drooping to one side. The sewing marks were very visible because he was the worst sewer in the world. "Yea that looks so realistic." I lied. I hadn't noticed a 'hug me sticker' on the butt of the 'thing.'

I pointed to my knee and he went to go get Band-Aids. After two minutes, he brought back cat Band-Aids and My Little Pony Band-Aids. Was the guy for real? "Choose your pick, pick your choose." He sang.

I went with My Little Pony because I was officially terrified of cats and I gingerly placed them on the leg gasping from the pain of the wound. I noticed that my nose stopped bleeding and took the tampon out of my nose.

"I will take that from you." June or NEJ said while grabbing the bloody part of the tampon from me. Ewww. What is wrong with him? I jolted up from the dolphin chair and grabbed my purse, "bye." I fast walked out of the room. I will promise myself never to go there again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi y'all! Okay who agrees with me that the nurse would officially creep you out?

Please read on for Cole's perspective of this embarrassing moment and vote if you liked this chapter.

Look at a picture to the right of the "Eat, sleep, badminton" shirt. Gotta love it!

Don't forget to comment. Love you all. :) Sarah