Here We Go

It's been a few weeks, now I can beat Dave and Dirk in combat, hell even the both of them at the same time! John sometimes included.

The striders seemed very proud in their own way, but now they can't tease me cause I can kick their ass now.

There was a knock at my door, I turned and smiled, it was Dave! "Hey Dave" He waved and walked in.

He laid down on my bed and sighed "today's the day huh?" I nodded and sat by him, he looked so cute, glasses on top of his head, showing beautiful red eyes, and the way his wings were sprawled out on my bed... just, wow..

I snapped out of it and mummbled "why do you ask?" He shifted and sat up, his arms snaking around my waist, my heart fluttered and i felt my cheeks redden, as he laid his head on my shoulder "It's funny, you know how we all met. Looking back on it to see how far we come... it's so strange."

I nodded and pat his head as he leaned into my touch, letting out a soft sigh. Dave pulled away "are you packed?" I shrugged "more or less.." he nodded and handed me a balde.

I flinched back, but took it "is this?" He nodded "why do you think Dirk and I were gone for a week?" I shrugged and slid the knife in my boot.

I stood up and swung my bag over my arm, it might not look it, but I'm really scared, I mean, it's not everyday you try and fight some lord demon in hopes of not exploding...

I shook my head and walked out of my room Dave following close behind.

Dirk looked at me and smiled softly, this calmed me a bit ( made my heart flutter), I mean, I have these three nerds by my side.

John ran up to me and took my hand, a big goofy grin on his face "let's do this! Team Free will!" I smiled my eyes burning as my body began to shake, memorys of how close we've become, I can't lose these guys. I love them to much. Especially... snap out of it.

Arms wrapped around me, everyone was hugging me. Dirk leaned in "I'm sorry, for the things I've done and the man I was.." They all held me tightly wings wrapping around me.

My heart hammered and tears began to flow, John wiping them away though he was also crying.

"I love you (y/n)" John said softly burying his face in my shoulder "please, don't die today.." I can't with this boy, I started sobbing they all cradled me, saying comforting things.

I wiped my eyes and nodded "ready?" They all nodded and Dirk opened the door, shifting our bags as we walked out and hopped into a car that was parked not to far away from the bunker.

We all got in, Dirk telling me he wanted to drive, so I threw home the keys and got in the passengers side.

Dirk turned on the car and speed out, note to self, never let a Demon drive! Especially if it's Dirk, he drives like a maniac!