Wings

I gasped and let out another scream, "are those?.." John nodded, confirming Dave's question, Dirk took my hand and I squeezed it tightly "she's growing wings."

Sweat droplets fell from my face, and I soon noticed my body grew pale, but it still was glowing.

Dave's eyes were wide and John told them to get away from me, I looked in a body mirror to see my eyes weren't (eye/color) anymore, the pupils were gold, with silver running around the brim and the rest was bright blue mixed with white.

The glow was becoming more intense, I began to cough, my body soon began to tremble, I heard a tare then the sound of blood splater.

I gasped, soon blue smoke began to spill from my lips. I shut my eyes and continued to cough up the blue mist, but body jerk ed forward and I was in almost a kneeling position "SHUT YOUR EYES!" John hollored, Dave three his arm across his face Dirk doing the same, but John covered his eyes and ears as loud ringing filled the room.

The ringing soon mixing with my screams.

White, mixed with gold, that's all I saw before falling forward and passing out, my whole body as pale as snow, and drenched with sweat.

John POV

I moved my hands away and looked at her figure, six tiny wings resting at her side, covered in blood and some sort of mucus.

Dave was quick, he was by her side in less then a minute, so was Dirk "Dirk, go get some towles,"Dirk stood up and nodded, an orange flash passing by me "Dave, help me get her on the bad, but don't lay her on her wings, they are frail considering they just sprouted."

Dave nodded, he scooped her up easily. Well I guess he didn't need my help.. he laid her down on her stomach, and shook his hand, trying to get blood and white droplets off.

Dirk came back with 4 towels, I grabbed one then tossed it at Dave the grabbed another for myself.

"Be gentle while cleaning this gunk off, don't want to snap her wi-" I looked at them to see they were already cleaning them, gently, as if it was an old porcelain doll, that was cracked, all while holding this look... I couldn't understand it fully but it was a look that screamed I care.

I smiled and looked at (y/n), she was my first friend, she spared me, I owe her, but what has she done for them to make them care as much as I do? Could it be that one human emotion called love? Do they love my best friend (y/n)?

I shook my head, gently taking a wing and cleaning it off as careful as possible.

I wonder what triggered her form, it had to have been something that triggered it.. she must have been angry, or protective.. but how? As far as I know she was alone...

Right?..