Chapter 19

Hi guys. It's been a while hasn't it? over a month. well this is the new chapter and it's full of Jonnie love and Kayla drama. oh and yeah i have a surprise at the end so don't cheat and scroll to the end. be patient and read and you'll find out the surprise soon (depending on how fast you read).

What do you think of the new cover?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe reaching for a star. I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far; for a might-have-been has never been, but a has-been was once an are.'~ Unknown Author

*A/N~ this is a mind-boggling quote isn't it? but if you're smart enough, there's a clue hidden in the quote :)*

"Are you sure this isn't too exposing?" I asked Jen for the hundredth time. I was sitting on a chair in front of the mirror as she did my hair. She said she was trying to get a 'single, ready to mingle but not a slut' kinda look. I doubt she was being successful.

"For the last time, it's just a dress not a bikini." Jen said, rolling her eyes.

"But a dress that shows half my boobs and barely covers my ass." I answered.

"You're such a prude." Jen laughed. "Besides, you won't be regretting wearing this dress by the time Josh sees you. His eyes will fall out of their sockets from staring at you. You look sexy!"

"Omg Jen is this what this is all about? The makeup, the hair, the manicures and pedicures, the waxing and spa? All for Josh? All for Jonnie? Well, stop wasting your time because things have not improved in the studios and I doubt they will improve when he sees me in a dress." I semi-raged.

"Patience, have hope my dear. You underestimate how sexy you look. And besides, you know you want this awkwardness between you and Josh to disappear."

"I should be happy, I get to be friends with Josh tonight. Even if it's a fake and only for a night." I said sarcastically.

"Oh shut up. You're distracting me and I have to get this right."

So I shut up.

After two full bloody hours of doing hair and an extra hour of makeup retouches, I was ready, in my barely covering dress and heels. I took one look at myself in the mirror, my dress which consisted of two bits: the upper part which was like a sleeveless black bralet which only emphasized my boobs and the bottom bit which was a white poofy skirt like thing which stopped midway down my thighs. The bralet contrasted with my now tanned skin and the white skirt seemed to shine against my thighs. My sparkly heels made my legs look skinnier and I have to say waxing your legs DOES make a difference. My choker necklace hugged my neck perfectly and the longest pendant rested right in between my collar bones perfectly. The make up was light but very noticeable. My lips looked full and red, like I had an operation to make them look bigger. My hair was in curls on my shoulders. I have to say this.

I LOOKED HOT.

"I know right. You'll be the hottest one there." Jen said looking proudly at me.

I looked nervously at myself again. What if I was overdressed? (Yeah that's probably not going to happen). The real question was 'what if I said something and got into trouble with the press again?'

"You'll be fine." Jen said, reading my mind.

"I just don't want to be kicked out." I whispered, my lips quivering. I tried hard not to cry so i wouldn't ruin my makeup and make Jen mad.

"You won't get kicked out. Josh might hate you but I'm pretty sure he won't let them kick you out."

"Yeah right." I said, "well, let's get this over with. I'm sure the limo's here anyways."