Chapter 18

New chapter. It's a bit short but that's because this is kind of a filler chapter. Next chapter is the movie premier! There'll be drama! So yeah. This chapter might be boring but don't lose hope. I know where I'm going with this.

-Tegacha.

----------------------------------------------

"To love is to destroy and to be loved is to be the one destroyed." - Jace Wayland, The Mortal Instruments series.

------------------------------------------------

I splashed more water on my face. You can do this Yvonne. You can do this.

'I want you to know that your position in Hollywood is dangling by a very thin rope. It can snap at any moment.' That's what Jacob had said. I could be removed. I could leave any moment. I splashed more water on my face.

Somehow I had come to love this life I was living in Hollywood, even if I was lonely some times. For the first time in my life, I was being noticed. By a boy who I actually liked. By people who thought I danced well. By my aunt Vicky who was proud of me. There wasn't any Linda to tell me I wasn't worth it. I was recognized and I had come to love Hollywood. This bunch of lies.

I got our my phone and dialed Haley's number.

"Hello?" The sleepy voice said.

"Haley! You have to get here ASAP! Like now. Something's up."

"Whoa! Calm down. Calm down. What's wrong?"

"Really Haley. Get here quick and I'll tell you. I gotta go now. Don't want to be late for rehearsals. Jacob already hates me. Don't want to make it worse."

"K bye. I'll be there soon. Bye."

I cut the call and splashed more water on my face. I smiled and tried to look okay.

I gave up soon and just left the toilet. I hurried to rehearsals.

When I got there, everyone was already dancing and I made the stupid mistake of entering through the front door. Everyone's head whipped up and it felt like everyone was glaring at me. Everyone except Josh. He was looking at me but he wasn't glaring. His face just looked emotionless. I could still see traces of hurt in his eyes but then that was it.

Dan asked me why I was late and I explained that Jacob needed to see me privately. I think I hear someone say "obviously" and another say "drama queen". I ignore them and go to a corner to drop my bag.

Soon, people stop staring at me and rehearsals continue. I'm up at the front with Josh and I can't help but sneak peeks at him ever so often. It feels weird, not being able to smile at him or gently brush his shoulder whenever we dance close together. I can tell he's trying to avoid me. He is like a whole kilometer away from me. That's what it feels like at least.

I stop thinking about Josh when I remember what Jacob said. Some people want me out of here and I should be serious, still it's hard to not wonder who those people are. Josh? Dan? Maybe they want me out of here. I can't imagine Josh telling his dad that I should leave. Even if we had a fight recently.

I shake my head. No need worrying about all this now. By the time Haley comes, I'll be able to talk to her and worry with her.

********************************************

The long break arrived finally after all my waiting. I couldn't concentrate during practice no matter how hard I tried. I had gotten several worried looks from Dan. Maybe he thought I was losing my dancing abilities. Or maybe my sanity. Looks like I was losing both.