Chapter 7

Chapter 7 finally!!!!!! Yay!!!! Many thanks to WaffleAllstar for the new cover!!! <3

------------

"We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once."

― Friedrich Nietzsche

***********

"I'll do it," I said, quite boldly. I was back in Jacob's office two nights after the day I had been given 'the offer'. I was getting used to the particular smell of the office: a mix of Jacob's strong smelling cologne and coffee. I was sitting down in a chair opposite Jacob who was sat at his desk. Josh was also here. We weren't talking. Not since he convinced me to be his co-star. I thought that maybe he had forgotten my mini(ok make that huge) rage.

Jacob was smiling, he was dressed in a light brown blazer over his black tee with dark jeans. Way too strange for summer. Then I realized that that is why the air conditioning was on like full blast here.

"You seem so confident compared to what happened last time you were in this room. What changed?" Jacob asked still smiling. While he was saying this I looked briefly at Josh. He was wearing a black button up shirt that was buttoned half way down showing a bit of his gorgeous chest. The shirt was tucked into dark jeans like his dad. The sleeves of his shirt were rolled up to his elbows in a quite rough way. His hair was a bit messy like he just got out of bed. His dark outfit only helped to accentuate his blonde hair and blue eyes. Why was this guy so perfect? He was clearly ignoring me because he was looking at his shoes. Why was he behaving so shy today?

"Ummm, I guess all it took was the right person at the right time to tell me the right things to make me realize I wasn't seeing what I was supposed to be seeing all this while," I looked at Josh, he looked at me too and for a moment our eyes met before he turned his attention back to his shoes, "I just realized that I forgot to say thank you to this person." I added, still looking at Josh. He looked at me for a fraction of a second and ignored me again. Maybe he finally remembered that I was the bitch that yelled at him a few days ago.

"Well, my many thanks to this person also," Jacob said clearing his throat. He clearly noticed that some thing was up with me and Josh because Josh hadn't said anything so far and he wasn't usually a shy person. "You have to sign some papers and your aunt also. That will be taken care of tomorrow morning when you come in with your aunt. There have been some changes made in the dance routine so you can fit in with your own special dance solo." When he said 'dance solo' my eyes nearly popped out of their sockets. He just kept on talking, "Because of all the changes, you and Josh will have extra classes after general rehearsals, do you mind?"

Me and Josh, together practicing. Lessons together with me and Josh. Me, Yvonne Cliff and Josh Down together. Oh god. I couldn't handle this. I just shook my head at Jacob to show that I didn't mind at all.

As I was about leaving, I heard Josh saying quite loudly, "you didn't ask if I minded." A lump formed in my throat. I painfully swallowed it and ran before the tears came quickly pouring down.

***********

"So you're gonna be Josh's co-star?" Luc asked me. God for someone who was hot, he was quite annoying. He came over to me during our long break after rehearsals with his girlfriend Cindy and Tom.

"Yes" I answered without looking up at him. I was playing temple run and I was so close to beating my high score. I wasn't going to let Luc's gossiping throw me off.

"Why you?" Someone said. I looked up as I died in temple run to see that it was Cindy that asked me the question. She was wearing a very tight black shirt that said "girls wanna have fun." Her blond hair was straight, too straight to be natural and the roots in her hair clearly showed that she was naturally a brunette. Her make up was way too much, the eyeliner went over her eyes into the corner of her eyes and might I add that hot pink eyeshadow makes you look weird not hot. Someone needs to warn Luc that he has a Barbie Doll as a girlfriend. I doubt anything on her is original. The look on her face was clearly pure jealousy and hate.