Chapter 9

Hi guys so new chapter finally. Sorry I've been busy and hurt my thumb recently so yeah, but enough about me. Lets get back to Jonnie ;) enjoy.

----------------

Live like spongebob. Laugh out loud all day without reason, and annoy the mean people with your happiness - Anonymous.

**************

I ran into the small hospital room. The lights were blinding and there were blobs of white where nurses and doctors were standing. My aunt was in a hospital bed in the center of the room. The curtains were drawn apart because a doctor was checking to see she was okay. There were tubes that extended from every single part of her body. She looked fine to me, no scratches or bruises or huge bandages so why were there a lot of tubes going out from her body. The doctor smiled when he saw me. Why the hell was he smiling? I ran over to aunt Vicky's side. I looked at her not wanting to touch her in case I caused pain. I think the doctor knew who I was because he didn't ask me my name.

"She had a minor concussion because she had a car accident. She hit her head and blacked out but she's fine. Don't worry, she's just sleeping. I'll leave you two alone now."

He left the room so that I was alone with aunt Vicky.

Tears streamed down my face and unto Josh's shirt that I was still wearing. Silent sobs escaped my lips.

"Aunt Vicky," I whispered not caring if she could hear me or not. I gently squeezed her hand. "Don't ever do that to me again, aunt Vicky. I hope you're okay because if you aren't, I'll kill myself. Please wake up because you have to. Our family belongs us and we can't ever let go so don't leave me."

I kept crying and I didn't notice when she woke up. She looked at me and I finally saw her eyes. "No," I shushed her, "don't say anything. It might cause you pain. I'm just so happy you're alive. I was so scared aunt Vicky, so scared. For the first time in my life, I felt so alone and frightened. Don't ever do this again." I kept talking.

Aunt Vicky smiled or at least attempted to. I hugged her gently. "I'll leave you to rest now and don't worry I'll spend the night with the Downs." When I said this, aunt Vicky smiled. "What?" I blushed. "I'm not going to like sleep in the same bed as Josh." She smiled wider. I kissed her on her forehead and left the room.

*****************

The Downs were waiting for me in the waiting room. When they saw me, Josh stood up and asked, "is she okay?"

I smiled. "Yeah she's fine. Just a minor concussion. Now can we go? It's like nine and it's way past my bed time. I need to get my beauty sleep."

All the Downs looked at each other as they passed a secret message with their eyes. I tried to make eye contact with Josh so he could tell me what was happening but he looked at his shoes.

"Will anyone be kind enough to tell me what those looks mean?" I asked. "The looks you're all giving each other."

"Ummm," Jacob started, "Yvonne, we can't leave now because there is a whole herd of paparazzi outside the hospital doors."

"What do they want?" I asked stupidly.

"They heard about the car accident of your aunt and seeing as you're the latest 'thing' in the media, they want to know how your aunt is." Josh said. When he noticed the look of horror on my face, he added, "don't worry though. You don't have to say anything to them. We'll just wait for an hour or so and they'll leave."

I nodded and sat down. For some reason, I started remembering things people had said to me, how often people called me a celebrity, how often I had been on TV and how often the paparazzi had talked about me. That's when I realized that no matter how much I said I wasn't a celebrity and how much I said I had only come to Hollywood for the dancing, I realized that I was a celebrity and I am in Hollywood. There's no point of shying away from all this, is there? This is what I am now and unless I regret it, I have to embrace it.