Chapter 8

New chapter. Yay. I enjoyed making this chapter. It's so good. Hope you like it. Sorry it's late btw. :) - Tegacha.

--------------

"My dear young cousin, if there's one thing I've learned over the eons, it's that you can't give up on your family, no matter how tempting they make it."

― Rick Riordan

**********

Kayla Walker. Kayla. Josh's girlfriend. You've got to be kidding me. Right when I thought today would be a good day. Some one up there probably has something against me. Kayla and I stood silently, facing each other staring. She was glaring at me. Next thing I knew, she walked up to me and slapped me in the face really hard.

"You bitchy whore!"

I put my hand on my throbbing cheek and give her my best evil glare.

"You call me a whore. Have you seen yourself?" I asked, still patting my cheek. "I bet you don't even need a neon sign above your head saying, oh look it's a free prostitute."

I could feel her eyes on me as I walked out of the room. Ok I know I was a bit mean. I should have explained that I didn't sleep with Josh but who would believe me? I was in his room changing into his shirt for heaven's sake. I looked like a whore. Maybe Kayla was right. I wiped away tears that had started streaming down my face. I got to the dance studio and I saw Josh in the corner. He was explaining something to Dan and smiled when I came over.

"Hi," he said to me smiling, "might I add that my shirt looks way better on me?" He joked.

I ignored him. "Next time, be decent enough to warn me that you have a fucking bitch as a girlfriend."

Josh and Dan stared at me. They were obviously surprised that I dropped the F-bomb but I was so pissed. Josh finally understood.

"You met Kayla?" He asked, eyes widening in horror.

"Yeah, I met her and guess what, she came into the room while I was changing into your shirt. She thinks we slept together. And being the asshole she is, she just slapped me and called me a whore." Josh was already walking towards his room and the look on his face told me that he was about to yell at Kayla. Good, she deserves it. Before Josh left the room I yelled, "when you meet her, tell her it takes a bitch to know a bitch."

***********

"5,6,7,8....no you shimmied too early. Start again."

Omg, Dan was one tough trainer. He was training me like I was about to present to the Queen the next day. I stopped dancing, calmed my breathing and looked at him. He had an expressionless look on his face. I took a long drink of water from my bottle and went back to the middle of the room. I took a deep breath and started dancing again. The routine was really hard and I closed my eyes so I could concentrate. I could feel Dan's eyes on me. I ignored it and kept dancing. The room suddenly felt so small and I felt limitless, out of this world limitless, like space limitless. Dancing is my life.

The music suddenly stopped and my eyelids flipped open. Dan wasn't in the room anymore, probably went to his office. So who stopped the music. I searched the room with my eyes and found the guilty person.

Kayla.

Ugh. Not her again. She was probably here to slap me again in the face.

"You're a really good dancer," she said. I wasn't sure if she was joking or being serious so I ignored her. I went to my bottle and took a long drink to pass away the time so I didn't have to make eye contact with her. I dropped my bottle and looked at her. She was still wearing a light pink cropped top and her slutty shorts but I didn't say this out loud. We stared at each other for a while before she added, "I'm really sorry. Josh explained everything to me. I overreacted about it. I'm sorry for slapping you." I didn't know if this was a whole act to get on Josh's good side. Oh well, if this was an act, might as well go along with it.