Chapter 6

Finally, I actually enjoyed writing this chapter and I hope you will too. :)

-----------------

"It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not."

― André Gide

-----------------

"It was horrible," I sobbed into the once fluffy, now soggy pillow, "I don't know what came over me. I just exploded."

"It's not your fault. It was a really long day and you had a headache. A girl can only take so much." Aunt Vicky said, handing me a huge tub of chocolate ice cream.

I took a huge scoop. "You weren't there. You didn't see his face. Gosh I am so mean, I should be the leading role on mean girls. He was only trying to help. Aunt Vicky, why am I so horrible?" My eyes were puffy and red and my cheeks were bloated.

"Vonnie, don't be so hard on yourself. It's not your fault. Well, partly your fault, I won't lie but under the circumstances, you were quite nice. You had the right reasons and if you feel really bad about it, you can apologize tomorrow." Aunt Vicky let me cry on her shoulder. We were silent for a while and watched an episode of Big bang theory. Even Sheldon's nerdy jokes couldn't make me laugh. I decided to speak my mind.

"What if he hates me?"

"Honey, you're going to be his co-star. I don't think he can bear a grudge for the whole summer." She said patting my head.

"I haven't decided yet, aunt Vicky."

"Well, what are you waiting for? Don't you have his number?"

"I don't know. What if I mess up?"

"Honey, you've been worrying for ages. Enough with all these what ifs. Have you even bothered to consider what if you actually do soooo good. These people have faith in you: Jacob Down, Dan and even though you might not believe it, Josh has faith in you. That's why they decided to tell you this. But all these faith people have in you won't work and make you an amazing co-star unless you have faith in yourself. You're amazing. Stop belittling yourself. You have what it takes. Now stop crying and shush, my favourite show is on."

I smiled, "thanks Aunt Vicky. That means a lot to me."

"No probs, honey. Now shush."

"Can I go to bed early. I need to talk to mum and Linda about....everything."

**************

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh," I held the phone away from my ear as Linda shrieked though the phone, "my sister is a celebrity. Did you see the YouTube video yet? You're amazing. You kicked that guy's ass. Go Vonnie!!!"

"Linda, can you give the phone to mum. I haven't made up my mind yet you know."

"What? Why?" Linda said.

"Linda, there's more to it than being a celebrity. Now can I talk to mum?"

"Ok, fine whatever, but make up your mind quickly."

"Hello," good, it was mum this time, "oh Vonnie, how are you? It's been so long. Linda told me about what happened? Are you okay?"

"Yes mum, I'm good thanks but today has been a long day." I replied.

"I miss you so much Vonnie, you know if its too much you can always come home."

"Yes mum I know. But it's actually fun with aunt Vicky. I'm getting to know her better and she is very nice."

"That's good, honey, but I'll be checking to make sure you're actually okay. Now what about the stuff about being a co-star? Have you made up your mind yet?"