Chapter 3

So guys, next chapter. Sorry it's taking ling to get to the good bits but all good books have a boring beginning ;) :P

------------------

Chapter 3.

"It's Los Angeles mostly full of nonsense and delusion and egomania. They think they'll be young and beautiful forever, even though most of them aren't even young and beautiful now."

― Christopher Hitchens

****************

"Good morning sunshine," I heard my aunt Vicky call as I came into the kitchen in my jammies to get breakfast. It was so hard getting used to the fact that I was no longer at home in Houston,Texas but in Los Angeles, California. My mum was a bit hesitant to let me stay with her carefree sister in Los Angeles of all places. She probably expected me to return home covered in tattoos and piercings in unmentionable places.

Linda was wrong. The letter was a letter of acceptance, not one saying you didn't qualify. I was so surprised. How could they let me in after my crappy auditions? It was probably a joke. Anyways I didn't call to ask if it was a joke because (1) I wanted to be a background dancer and (2) I wanted to have a break from my family. I still wasn't talking to Linda, I know we fight and all but she just went over the line and my mum was getting all lovey dovey over Dave. I was actually glad to leave that crazy house for a while even if it was just three months of summer.

"Honey, did you have a nice nap?" My aunt Victoria asked.

I nodded and squinted as my aunt opened the curtains and rays of sunshine hit me directly on my face through the window. "What time is it?" I asked still squinting. My aunt, noticing this, closed the curtains.

"It's four o'clock. We still have plenty of time."

"Plenty of time for what?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. I probably looked ridiculous but whatever, this isn't a photo shoot.

"Plenty of time for our tour," aunt Vicky said ignoring the surprised look on my face, "honey, you know because you start your dance stuff tomorrow and you'll be busy for the rest of the summer so I decided why don't we have a small tour of Los Angeles, something fun." Now I was beginning to think mum wasn't crazy for being reluctant to let me stay with aunt Vicky. My aunt was clearly crazy.

"Isn't it a bit too late and besides I am still a bit tired considering the fact that I had to wake up at 5:00am to catch my 7:00am four-hour long flight which was delayed to 9:00am and I just arrived here like three hours ago."

Aunt Vicky stopped doing whatever she was doing and looked at me, actually looked at me and I actually looked at her for the first time since I arrived here. She had straight hair although my sister told me that her hair was naturally curly like mum's and Linda's. And just like Linda and mum, she had hazel eyes. Ok I was definitely adopted. I didn't look like anyone in my family. She was wearing a light blue tank top and skinny jeans. It wasn't as warm as it was in Houston but the weather was okay, not warm enough to be suffering from heat strokes like in Houston. I think I preferred the temperature here. Not too hot, not too cold, just right. When I was done playing goldilocks with the weather (see what I did there), I noticed her shoes. She was wearing heels-who wears shoes at home- which were open toed showing her ruby red painted toe nails.

"Vonnie," she said "don't you want to see Los Angeles. There's lots to see and we could go shopping." My aunt said smiling from cheek to cheek.

Yay, shopping. Just what I want to do. Not. I'd rather stay here in bed. I didn't say that to her. That would be too rude.

"I don't have any spare money for cash. I am saving the money mum gave me for other important stuff." I was silently praying she wouldn't ask me what stuff I was saving for because those "stuff" were non-existent.

"Oh don't be silly darling," she said with a flick of her hand that caused all her bracelets to rattle, "I'll buy you some new clothes. Take it as an early christmas present from me to her favourite niece." Me, favourite niece, now that's something Linda would be jealous of. Not.

"Okay." I said, as far as she doesn't get me crazy clothes.

*****************

Shopping was actually fun with aunt Vicky and sightseeing wasn't that bad. We went to a beach and I saw the Hollywood sign for the first time. I just realized that maybe the sign was a bit overrated, it's just a white sign probably made of wood or whatever signs are made of. When I saw it, I was like OMG OMG OMG I just saw the Hollywood sign and that just lasted for a second then I was like can we move on now? I had a basic tour of Los Angeles, not the whole thing, with my aunt as the tourist guide which was a bad idea. She used an actual map saying that tomtoms were just a waste of money and that we were going to do this the traditional way. She handed me a huge map which she kept in her car and that was her second bad idea. I am so bad with maps, so bad that I didn't know how to hold the map. It took me like ten minutes to get that sorted out. All in all, the trip with my aunt Vicky was okay, it was kinda fun (she didn't get me crazy clothes), just tiring. We got home at 9:00pm and I had to get my beauty sleep in preparation for the next day. And guess what? I don't think I will be able to get the valuable eight hours of sleep doctors say you much have due to all the worrying and anxiety in my brain now.

*****************

Hundred sheep, a hundred and one sheep, a hundred and two sheep...oh forget it. This was useless. I had tried every single thing I could but I couldn't fall asleep. I had a nice long warm shower, brushed my teeth, even drank milk like aunt Vicky suggested. I even watched Sleeping Beauty hoping Aurora would give me some of her sleeping magic but nothing happened. I went up to my room, tired of trying. I was tired, true, but I couldn't sleep. When I got to my bed, I faced up and counted the ceiling panels. Turns out, there weren't any ceiling panels so I kept going one ceiling panel, well, what do you know, I ran out ceiling panels , have to start again. One ceiling panel, one ceiling panel, one ceiling panel. And although that was boring as hell, I still couldn't sleep. All I could think about was my crappy audition and how bad I would be tomorrow.

I started thinking of all the possibilities that could happen: I could arrive at the studio with bags under my eyes and sleep dust still in my eyes with my hair a total utter mess or I could be the worst dancer Hollywood has ever seen or worst of all, Josh might remember me as the crazy girl from the auditions. God, I hate my life. Surprisingly, as I was thinking of all the bad things that could happen...

...I fell asleep.

--------------------

That's all for now. Sorry that the chapter is so short. I'll get to the good bits next chapter. Just wanted to get a good foundation with Yvonne's family. I didn't want to rush it. It'll get better...promise. Vote and give feedback. That will be handy :)