My Rise to Fame

Hey guys! This is my first story. I hope you enjoy! It was made by me. Give me feedback on how to improve. xxxx :) ---- Tega ;) Hopefully, it works now.

-------------------------

Chapter 1

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music."

― George Carlin

*******************

"Oh my God, it's time....it is actually time." I bit what was left of my finger nails. I replayed my dance steps over in my head, where to stand when the music starts playing, how to end, always smile-

"Next", the man in the audience shouted. The guy (who I thought was hot) moved on to the stage. If he makes it at least Josh Down had a hot background dancer. I looked at myself again. Ok calm down, Yvonne, calm down, you're just going to audition to be a background dancer for one of the most famous, hot teenage stars in the world. Oh my God, what did I put my self into.

The hottie on the stage was pretty good. I could see him dancing as graceful as a trained dancer. What did I think I was doing, auditioning to be a back ground dancer for one of the most famous people on earth and I didn't even have a degree in dancing, I didn't even do ballet as a kid. All my friends did ballet. I haven't trained as a dancer before, how could my mum talk me into being an amazing dancer. Not really. It was the other way around. How did I talk my mum into letting me do this.

When I was a baby, my mum would read me stories about princesses being saved from evil dragons by princes, damsels in distresses being rescued by their Prince Charmings. Later as I grew older, my aunt told me fairy tales weren't true, right after my first ever boyfriend broke up with me. I was just 16 and couldn't handle it. I actually thought I was in love like all the fairy tale princesses. And here I was believing an untrained girl would get a place as a background dancer for Josh Down. I must be going insane.

The hottie was really good. I could see that the judges really thought he was talented. Oh well, look at the bright side Yvonne, if you made it, you would get to dance alongside this mindblowing hot guy. Yeah, right like that would happen. The boy was done. I had the chance to actually look at him. He was tall with broad shoulders, blonde hair that just fell above his eyebrows. His eyes were clear blue like the sky. He was dressed in typical clothes, jeans and a worn t-shirt. The judges were talking to him. That meant that I was on in like ten seconds. Oh god...I can't do this. I might just faint. Nine seconds. I felt light hearted. No Yvonne. Eight seconds. You have to do this. Seven seconds. I tried to breathe and calm down my heart which felt like it was about to beat its way out of my body. Six seconds. I did a few short calming exercises. At least I did yoga. Maybe that would count. Where all the dancers were panicking, I was calm...yeah right. If only I could convince myself to calm down. Four seconds. Ok Yvonne, now or never. Three, two, one...

"Next, Yvonne Cliff." I walked on to the stage just as mr hottie walked out. He winked at me and gave me a thumbs up. I tripped on my feet in embarrassment. Well, it's not looking good with my love life. I came on the hollow stage that made sounds under my lucky docs. They were covered in Aztec tribal prints, worn with age.

I looked over the heads of the judges. The lights blinded me. The music started playing. At first,I felt as stiff as a tree, surprising considering my name means tree. The judges were looking curiously at me...probably thinking "what's this young girl doing here? She's probably lost." So this was how I would embarrass myself in front of Josh Down who I noticed was among the judges. I felt the music all around me. I looked over the heads of the judges. The lights blinded me. The music started playing. At first,I felt as stiff as a tree, surprising considering my name means tree. The judges were looking curiously at me...probably thinking "what's this young girl doing here? She's probably lost." So this was how I would embarrass myself in front of Josh Down who I noticed was among the judges. I felt the music all around me. Suddenly my feet began to move to the beat I had now memorized. My hands started moving out of nowhere. I lost myself to the music and started moving across the stage. I didn't see anyone or anything. The stage could burn in a fire and I wouldn't notice. I don't know what came over me. I just could not stop. The music went on and on.

The music stopped. I was panting heavily like a dog, except my tongue was still in my mouth. At least I hope it was. I took the time now to look at the judges. Josh Down was looking as amazing as ever. No don't think that. It would never happen. Fairy tales aren't true. Fairy tales aren't true. You are just a background dancer. Not yet. I couldn't stop staring at Josh, his crystal clear blue eyes, the way his leather jacket fit perfectly on him. Ok I was probably freaking him out but I couldn't stop. He was just too good to be real. He was staring at me too. I could tell. Out of all the people in the room. He was looking at me, not the other judges, not even his dad who was beside him. Okay I don't know why he would be staring at his dad but the point is he was staring at me. Me, moi, myself, I, just me. His lips shaped to say a word. He was probably going to declare his love for me. I could already see it. "Yvonne, I love you." He was about to say it still looking at me.

"ARE YOU CRAZY? I SAID NEXT!!!!!" He said to me really loudly. I came out of my day dream.

Yvonne, I said to myself, you have to realize that fairy tales don't exist!!!!! I took a deep breath. Oh well.

Welcome to my crazy, unbelievable, stupid and extremely embarrassing world!!! Enjoy!