Chapter 24: Battling Of The Heart

Start from the beginning

Is it my price of losing her is to get my family's death justice? And, can I bear losing her? 

You don't get everything, Gio. It's either you lost her or lost the chance of giving justice to your family's death.

"Gio?" Enna's worried tone snaps me out of my trance. My eyes lingered in her stormy gray eyes and again, I questioned myself. Can I bear losing her? The only woman who can push my anger to the limit without trying. The only woman who could pull out the best in me. The only woman who made me realized that I'm not just what I thought I was, a ruthless and heartless man, a satan's brother, but a loving and caring guy at the same time. She's the only woman who made me feel contented even in the slightest thing, just to be with her it felt everything. She completes me. 

"Who were you talking with?" her voice held so much curiosity. The smile on her face gone. 

I force a smile. "It's Isaias. He was wondering where am I. That fucker misses me," I joked and she chuckled, rolling her eyes simultaneously. "Let's go back," I curled my hand on the small of her back and led her back to the group. Her hand automatically curled around my waist as well. 

I tried to concentrate on her and enjoy the evening with her, even though the inside of my head, there was a tsunami of fears and anxieties. 

          The air inside the cafe filled with enthusiasm as the girls were blabbering about the new store opened not so far from their building. It's almost twelve at night and the cafe is slow. I guess it's off-peak hours. "Gosh, they had the most stylish clothing design at a reasonable price, my cousin said. I want to check that out as soon as it opens," the copper haired blabbered and Gultan giggled, agreeing to her. Their eyes sparkled like a diamond as they shared the same opinions on the said store. 

Girls and fashion. Not our cup of tea. I hated shopping, or even dawdling inside a mall. I'd rather sit in my living room watching than window shopping. 

"Were you born in Italy, Gio?" I turned my attention to Jacob. Dean's head snapped to my direction. I guess they were bored too, listening to their topic. I'm sitting beside Enna, and beside her was Gultan. Across me were Jacob and then Dean, then Tara, the copper haired girl. The girls were too animated with their topic when I shot them a glance once again, before averting my attention back to Jacob. Enna was also listening intently to Tara.

I just noticed that this Jacob guy is as good looking as Dean. He has a brown, brush cut hair, like Channing Tatum's haircut, clean-shaven jawline, almond-shaped eyes, and thin lips. He had a very natural tanned skin, and he looks like a Spanish. He's sporting a pinstripe dress shirt and gray jeans that made him looks too appealing. I'm guessing his age is closer to Dean. "Yes," I replied briefly. 

"I heard Italy is such a beautiful country," he smiled. "I wish to come and visit it one day," he added on wistfully. 

"Yes, it is!" I agreed with my voice, swelling with pride. 

"Been there, many times. If I were to pick, I'd rather live there." Dean pitched in as he stared into his coffee cup, his finger stroking the plain stoneware mug.

I felt Enna leaned against me and my hand automatically slipped around her waist, drawing her closer to my side. She didn't budge, rather she leaned her head against my side. Her attention was still focused on the girls as she slowly makes a sip with her decaf coffee. The girls were in their own world while we were also lost in our own topic.

"You're from Italy, too?" I asked Dean. 

"My mom is," he responded shortly. 

"I see," I nodded. My hand unconsciously skims Enna's waist. Her warmth surprisingly comforts and relaxes me.