Chapter 24: Battling Of The Heart

Start from the beginning

I look around the room and another group not far from us, cheering their friend who looks anxious as she shyly grabs a ball from the bowling ball return rack. 

My head again rammed with the mysterious Lucky, and again, I was lost in thoughts. Salvo Giudici. I hate to say, but I have a feeling he was all behind my family's death. And if that's proven, just the thought of it, it is breaking me. That until now, I don't want to think about it. I tried to avoid it as much as possible. 

My eyes drifted to Dean as he positioned himself and took the bowling ball. He leaned forward and throws it targeting the middle of the pins aiming a strike, but the ball went into the gutter, making the girls hoots and cheering boo's towards him. He just chuckled ignoring the girls negative reactions.

Enna throws a glance in my direction and beckoned me to come closer. I just lifted my hand motioning her that I'm fine watching them and smiled reassuringly. She then took her turn and I watch her animatedly. 

Suddenly, my phone rang. I quickly averted my attention to my phone. I saw Isaias' name flashed on the screen. I quickly connected it as I stood up and walk farther from the group. 

"Yes," I started and stood several meters from where Enna's group are. 

"Theresa is found dead in her apartment ... last night," his tone held apprehension. "There's no trace left. They believe it was suicidal. The authority didn't release any statement of her sudden death, but I believe, someone killed her and I'm sure, it's about the tape. We need to find that Lucky guy, as soon as possible." Sai paused for a bit. He sounded firm and determined. My head is already working like a clock. "My suspicion, we aren't only dealing with this Lucky guy, he's not working alone. I have a feeling, our enemy is close to us." 

Salvo Giudici rang in my head. He's the only one who knows that Theresa has a knowledge about the tape unless he is working with someone. "Salvo Giudici," I murmured, almost inaudible. 

"We have no other way. It's either to force him to talk or wait for nothing or forget about the death of your fa-"

"Yes!" cutting him off  with my eyes drifting to Enna's direction, who was also staring at me in curiosity. I waved to her and gave her a reassuring smile and she waves back. She then turns her attention to Gultan and another girl. 

I shut my eyes as the horrifying memory of my parents in their own room, laying lifeless on their own blood, flashes in my head. The pain, anger, and revenge stacked up, causing my adrenaline to pump crazily and suddenly, the passion for getting justice of their death, filled me, fueled me. I involuntarily clenched my hands, my jaws felt rooted and my heart tightening from the anger bubbling in my system with adrenaline stacked up.

When I opened my eyes, I saw Enna approaching. 

"...you made your decision. Family comes first-" 

My eyebrows involuntarily furrowed, when I realized I missed most of Isaias words. I was too lost in my thoughts, musing and battling with my head. "I'll call you later, Sai." I ended the call and casually stuff it in my pocket as I watch Enna approaching me. 

"What are you doing here?" Enna stood in front of me. She regarded me for a moment and I force a calm and casual look. My heart aches to tell her the truth, but I knew it will break her heart. She doesn't know anything, and I'd rather want her to know nothing, than seeing her cry and breaking. Just the thought of her crying, hurting, it already breaks me. 

At this moment, I question if we were truly meant for each other. How cruel fate is. Why fate had to joke with me. Probably this is my karma, after breaking lots of hearts, but as far as I remember, I didn't intentionally break it. Before I slept with them, they knew what to expect. From the very beginning, I already warned them. It's not my fault. I've been very blunt and honest with them, it's not like I'm taking advantage of them. I always made sure that after that one night, they get something from me. Jewelry, or any materials that would make them happy. I know, everything has a price.