innocence

Ami’s POV

Mr.Allen held my hand as we walked into a big building. It was dark and scary looking. A stone face looked at us and stared right at me. He suddenly opened the door letting Ms. Lenalee and Mr.Allen walk in with me. A man in a white uniform and white beret, pranced up and hugged Ms.Lenalee tightly.

“Oh Lenalee~! I was so worried! Thank god you’re home now. Oh~ I can’t wait to taste your sweet coffee again! And who’s this?” He turned to me, making me squeal and hide behind Allen.

“This is Ami. She was Innocence in her but the strange thing is we can’t figure out if it’s parasitic or wielder.” Ms.Lenalee said smiling trying to coax me out of my hiding place. I clutched on to Allen and hid my face in his side. I don’t like it here, it’s scary.

“I see. Well, hello Ami-chan! I’m Koumui Lee. You’ve met my little sister Lenalee Lee already.” He said putting his hand out like I was frightened kitten. I looked at his hand and peeked out from Allen who was smiling.

“It’s okay, Ami. He won’t hurt you.” Allen said and I nodded and looked down, slightly moving towards Komui. He smiled softly and held my hand taking me away from Allen and Ms.Lenalee. I pulled away from his hand and ran back to Allen, shaking and clutching his coat once again. He sighed and Komui looked surprised.

“I think, she wants you to come along, Allen.” He smirked. Allen laughed slightly and held my hand as he followed Komui. They  brought me to a big room with people in big chairs and a giant hole. I hugged Allen’s coat as a scary white ghost lady appeared. I couldn’t see her eyes but big hands came and picked me up. I covered my eyes and started shaking.

“It’s alright little one, I won’t harm you. I am only going to your Innocence alright?” I nodded and let her touch my forehead.

“What is her Innocence rate, Hevlaska?” Komui asked.

“5%...28%...49%...72%...97%...She is 97% activated.” Hevlaska said putting me down, so I could hide behind Allen once more.

“And her destiny?”

“It’s a mysterious one, she is to be the singer of life. Caught between two worlds.” She floated down back into the hole. Allen and Komui walked out with me into the elevator.

“That’s interesting. Singer of life how exciting! And 97% thats a lot for a girl your age.” I nodded and hid in Allen who picked me up.

“I think we should get you some food. Ami-chan what do you say?” I smiled at Allen and nodded. Before long we were in the Cafeteria. A wom..en? No, a man was cooking food laughing and smiled big as Allen walked up.

“Well, hello Allen hun. What shall I get for ya? And who is your cute little friend?” Jeryy asked.

“The usual and this is Ami, Jeryy. Ami, this is the cook Jeryy, if you ask he can make anything you like.” I hide slightly and peaked at the cook who laughed and waited patiently.

“C-can I h-have s-some stir fry pwease?” I said shyly. Jeryy smiled big.

“Well of course, Ami darling. Just one sec.” Within 3 minutes Jeryy had our orders Allen had set me down to carry his food and I held mine carefully, so I wouldn’t drop it. I was so focused on not dropping my food, I hit someone making me fall on my butt, my food landed on my head.

“Hey! Watch where you where you are going Chibi Brat!” A really scary man with a ponytail yelled while glaring at me. It reminded  me how Auntie would look at me.

Auntie visited Mommy a lot. Mommy would always tell me to go out and play when she was here, because if Mommy wasn’t around I would get beaten up by her.

“Worthless bastard child.”

“You should have never been born.”

“Demon spawn.” Those where only a few things she yelled at me, as she would beat me and throw me into a hole in the wall for hours. Mommy would find me and heal me.

“I-I-I’m sorry. Mr. I-I-”

“Che, whatever. Just stay out of my way.” He pushed me then walked off. Tears started falling from my eyes and Allen turned to see what happened. He set his food down and walked over to me. Ms. Lenalee saw what happened too, so she came over to me as well. She picked me up and took me to the bathroom cleaning me up.

“I-I s-said sorry.” I cried. Ms. Lenalee cleaned my hair and rubbed my back.

“That’s just how Kanda is Ami. It’s not your fault, I know you didn’t do it on purpose.  It was an accident. I promise to talk to him later okay?” I nodded and let her take me back to the Cafeteria. She took me back to Allen.

“You okay, Ami?” I nodded and hugged him Kanda was scary. I don’t like him one bit.