Chapter Twenty-Two

It's been a quiet ride on the way to Botanical Garden. Not to say, awkward. Super awkward...

Nagkakaroon din naman ng mga usapan while we're on the drive but the least that can happen with those conversations, it will end up vanished. Like one answer for a one question type. Basta masagot mo, tapos na agad. Kaya ang nangyari, halos maubusan na kami ng topic.

Si Ian ang nagmamaneho ng sasakyan. And since I'm his girlfriend, I sit on the seat beside him. Sila Logan at Ate Ruth ang nasa back seat. She's on Ian's side while Logan's on mine. Mabuti na yun para hindi ko siya nakikita sa peripheral vision ko.

Buti din naman at nakaramdam si Ian dahil nagdesisyon na rin siyang magpatugtog. Good that he's not planning too much torture for me especially 'cause he's going to suffer too.

I was leaning across the window when Ian spoke. I give him my full attention though my eyes wish to be shut.

Inaantok ako dahil hindi rin naman ako nakatulog kagabi kakaisip kung ano kaya ang pwedeng mangyari ngayon. Like what strategies can I try to make everything less awkward. And I chose, being just natural. But I guess, what has been happening right now isn't the natural thing I was actually planning to.

"Did Daphne contacted you?" Nagulat ako sa naging tanong ni Ian.

Daphne? The girls haven't contacted me yet. Any one of them.

Bakit kaya niya natanong?

Is it possible that something happened?

"No. May nangyari bang masama? Had she called you?"

He nodded.

I don't know for what question will that nod be but I wish it was of the latter.

"Tumawag siya kagabi and it's not something to be panicked with. They were just planning to surprise you actually but I just can't help not to mention it now, especially that..."

You can hear the birds singing audibly because of the loudness of silence inside the car.

Alam ko namang wala siyang ibang maisip na pwedeng itopic lalo na't kung ang lagi naming topic ay yung tipong pwede lang pag-usapan sa harap ng mga nakakaalam na na bakla siya. He can't help not to shut his mouth, mainly regarding about fashion and show business.

Additionally, Logan and Ate Ruth doesn't like him so much, so a conversation together with them will not going to end well.

But really, what about girls? Ano naman kayang surprise ang pinaplano nila?

"They're planning to visit here, maybe next week."

Alam ko na naman yun. Sa Boracay nga ang gusto nila e.

"And Bettina had a Filipino boyfriend."

I know that too.

Wait...

"What did you say?"