"Or, how about, something like, being on the safe side, and not wanting anything to happen to her?" Lydia suggested.

"That works too," Stiles agreed.

"Alright, I'll text Liam," Scott started tapping on his phone screen.

My phone dinged and I pulled it out of the waistband of my skirt, there was a message from Ms. Rose.

Olympia, I have finished organizing your mothers funeral, it will be tomorrow at 9 am, I'll see you there.

I let out a small sigh, texting back a quick alright, sliding my phone back into the waistband of my skirt.

"Who was it?" Scott asked, he looked worried.

"My mom's funeral's tomorrow, at 9," I mumbled, fidgeting with my fingernails.

"Oh god, I almost-" Scott started, before Lydia cut him short

"We'll be there, the whole pack will be there."

"No it's fine, you guys don't have to come, it'll only be me, Ms. Rose, and my mom's step dad who refuses to really associate with our family," I pressed.

"We want to," Stiles added, giving my a sympathetic smile.

Gross, sympathy.

"If you want to, who am I to stop you, can we go home now? It's getting cold," I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Yeah, I'll take Scott home since I'm gonna be going home anyway," Lydia stated, "See you tomorrow then."

"Cya," I gave a curt wave, before following Stiles to the jeep.

Once I got in the jeep and buckled in, Stiles and I met our gaze through the rear view mirror, I broke away first, leaning against the door to look out the window. The ride home was mostly quiet, I could feel Stiles glancing over at me to check on me. I let out a deep sigh, sitting up straight, picking at my nails subconsciously, looking ahead at the road. We made a few turns here and there, before reaching the house again. I kind of bolted out of the car and rushed up the stairs, spreading out on my stomach across the bed, I tucked my head into my arms and closed my eyes, not really wanting to deal with much more.

-Stiles' POV-

My dad was sitting at the counter when  I came in, I walked into the kitchen and set my keys down.

"What's going on?" He asked.

"Her mom's funeral is tomorrow, I really think she's more upset then she'd like to believe herself, I can see it in her eyes, the sadness, she tries not to let it show, but she really sucks at it, she's strong, I mean she loses her mom to something she didn't know could remotely exist, I just wish there were something I could do, but I can't do anything if she doesn't say anything to me," I explained, putting my head in my hands.

"Just be there for her when she is ready, when she falls she will, but until that happens, you just have to be prepared to catch her, the strong ones usually fall the hardest in your group of friends Stiles," He said, giving a slightly reassuring smile.

I sighed, picking my head out of my hands and nodded, turning towards the stairs and walking up them towards my room.

-The Following Morning-

-Olympia's POV-

I stood in front of the full length mirror, in my black dress and cardigan, my black tights had little designs on them, I slid on a pair of nice heels, my only pair of nice heels that is. I sighed and grabbed my phone off of its charger, and checked the time, 8:30, I sighed and opened my door, my heels clicking against the wooden floors. I made my down stairs, and both Stiles and the Sheriff were dressed up, both in all black. I smiled at them and Stiles gave me this look that seemed to ask me if I was ready. I nodded softly, and he motioned toward the door, we took the Sheriff's car out to the cemetery, there were a few cars parked, I recognized Scott's motorcycle immediately, then Lydia's car, I drew in a long breath, counting to five and then letting it go.

Walk strong, keep your head high, you've got this, Oly.

I  got out of the car and spotted the gathering place right away. They were all turned towards the car, I spotted Lydia first, then Scott, Kira, Malia, Liam, and Hayden, Ms. Rose stood behind them with my 'grandfather' or whatever. I walked with Stiles over to them, saying hello one by one, exchanging smiles and hugs with my friends, Ms. Rose enveloping me into a large warm hug. I earn a cold glance between me and my mothers step-dad.

"Are we ready to begin?" the priest asked.

"Yes," Ms. Rose responded.

"We gather here today to celebrate the life of Anastasia Gold, who has returned to her home, with Our God, The Father," He started out.

My mom was religious, I respected her for that, too bad she didn't know I wasn't, it meant a lot to her I believed in the same things she did, so I let it slide for her sake. I fidgeted with my fingers, a nervous habit, one of many. The priest read from the bible, and said some comforting words to us as the family. He told us that she was in a better place now, and he gave me most sincere condolences, then continued on with how she was in heaven now and that she could watch over me from the clouds. I didn't want her to watch over me from the clouds! I wanted her to watch over me from here, in our home, safe and sound, with love laced in her words. She's supposed to be at my graduation, she's supposed to watch me get through college, and help me with homework questions I could never get. She was supposed to be here, not 6 feet underground with people mourning her, I wanted her back. I was not longer paying attention to the priest, my fingers were trembling my body was shaking.

I won't cry.

I took a deep, shaking, breath, before a sob raked through my body.

I wont cry.

There was no going back now, the priest had said his final words and I was watching her casket being lowered into the ground.

I won't-

I had tears streaming from my eyes, sobs falling through my mouth, my body was shaking, I was stood in front everyone, I was supposed to be strong and my head was supposed to be held high, not hunched over with sobs escaping my lips. I wanted to scream out to oblivion to bring her back to me. I felt arms turn me around and I buried my head in their chest.

"It's okay to cry," he whispered, kissing the top of my head.

I screamed, not like my usual death predicting scream, this was a scream of pure agony and pain, and most of all sadness. My legs felt ready to give out underneath me, it felt as if the only thing holding me up was the arms of my comforter.

"Why-Why didn't it take me instead!" I cried into his chest.

"It's going to be okay," his hand smoothed out my hair, I'd figured out who it was at this point.

He said it was okay to cry, so i continued to let the tears fall from my eyes, and the sobs break through, but in a way it was okay, because Stiles was hugging me, and my friends were there too.

I felt a hand on my lower back once I had calmed down a bit, it was Ms. Rose, I had to do the tradition of picking up dirt and tossing it over the casket. I took a deep breath, and picked up the soft dirt and threw it over the casket, it was like I was throwing my heart away with it too.

"Bring her back to me," I whispered, tears falling from my eyes once more, I had sat down on my knees in the dirt, not even caring, and cried over the hole in the ground.

Just bring her back to me.