"Hi Dom." I mumbled, through a mouth full of coffee.

"Sooo... I thought these were pretty, like you!" He said as he smiled down at me.

I almost scoffed at how cheesy that sounded, but I thought how my Mom would tell me how rude that was, so I held it in.

He handed the flowers to me as he kissed my cheek. I took them and put them on the top shelf of my locker.

No way was I going to hold those things all damn day.

"Thanks Dom." I said while putting some books away and grabbing the ones I needed.

I placed my violin case in the locker and was about to close it when he asked, "Hey, what's that thing?"

"My Violin." I replied blankly.

"Woahh, really? I didn't know you played the Violin..." He said in wonder or amusement, I couldn't be sure.

"Yes. I've played since the 3rd grade, if you paid attention maybe you'd realize these things." I replied coolly.

He looked down at his shoes, maybe that was too harsh...?

"Oh. Cool. Is it hard? Is the case always that big? Like a big black rectangular box? What kind of music do you play? Are you in the Orchestra?"

"Wow. Curious much? So many questions. Yes. Yes it's hard, but when you practice it gets easier and even fun. No all cases are different, just like the people playing their Violins and the Violins themselves. This is just my case, it's big because I like to carry my music in it. And I play the music my teacher gives me, sometimes I write my own music, and sometimes I learn to play my favorite songs. And yes Dom, I'm in the Orchestra here. That's why I have it in school. Why the sudden interest?" I was out of breath by the time I finished answering all his questions.

"Well I'm just trying to get to know you, and understand the stuff you like, and you know, I don't know. I'm just curious because I want to know more about you." He replied.

"Oh. Well okay, it's just weird, you've never cared before." I said.

"Well... I do now!" He exclaimed as he grabbed my hand.

I stared down at our intertwined fingers and clasped hands in complete shock. What the hell did he think he was doing?

"I'm gonna walk you to class." He said nonchalantly as if he had read my mind and answered my question perfectly.

I shook my head.

Just fantastic. I was doing really great at avoiding boys so far...

NOT.

And just as I has this thought, I realized everyone in the hall were staring.

At us. At me. At our hands.

EVERYONE!!

Omfg@$!#&*@@!/#!&

No. This can't be.

I quickly let go of his hand.

Dom looked down at me and frowned, but continued to walk beside me.

I felt a little guilty, but that was embarrassing!!

And what right did he have to hold my hand through the halls of school!?! It's not like he was my boyfriend!

Maybe he thought he was... But we'd only been on one date!!

And that certainly shouldn't call for hand holding in public...

No.

We arrived to my torturous 1st period Math class with Mrs. Ryan. Thankfully I shared this class with Mia and Belle.