He had also given up.

Since we were both failures at sleep tonight I decided to start getting ready for school.

Man, did I hate Monday's.

Like, who decided that Monday should be a thing?

When did the suckiness of Monday start sucking?

The 1500's? The 1750's? 1910?

Or was it like this since the dawn of time? Since man started working and going to school everyday?

UGH...

Anyways, I picked put an outfit while I listened to my Classic Rock station on Pandora.

I basically listened to all types of music, but this morning I was in the Rock n' Roll kinda mood.

One of my favorite Guns N' Roses songs came on, which made my Monday morning partially less sucky.

I picked out a warm Navy blue sweater, plain black leggings, grey leg warmers, a light blue and purple paisley pashmina scarf and my black Doc Martens.

I jumped in the shower, scrubbing away all the restlessness and sticky sweat of my slumber.

When I was finally ready for school I walked out to car with my coffee, backpack, and Violin over my shoulder.

I noticed him.

He was sitting in his usual spot, the one he sat in during our nights together.

The moment I stepped outside his ears perked up and he lifted his head to sniff the air, as if he recognized my scent.

Of course he recognized my scent.

Travis did say he had a good sense of smell.

That's how he found my room, when he had never been there before.

That's how he had found me all those times I had been hurt in the woods, and even when I was stranded outside the club on my birthday.

He watched me with questioning eyes as I got into my car.

I put all my stuff into the back of my Jeep and brought my coffee with me to the front.

As he sat in the woods about 100 yards away from me, I watched him back.

I watched him with a yearning and with a desire I only felt around him, but also with sadness, beacuse he and I would never be.

He also seemed sad.

Could wolves look sad?

Yes, I decided they could.

So I decided to break the sadness and smile and wave at Travis as I turned the ignition.

His head tilted to the side and he seemed to have perked up at this gesture.

It's wasn't like I was mad at him, just that I was going to avoid all boys; human or animal, at ALL costs.

▪▪▪

Well, that wasn't as easy as I thought it'd be.

When I arrived to school Dom was already leaning against my locker waiting for me...

With flowers!!

UGH!!!

Why me!?!?!

I'm trying to avoid boys! Not receive flowers from them!

"Hey Beautiful!" Dom said with a beaming smile and chipper tone.

I rolled my eyes.

Was he on some sort of happy pills? It was wayyyyy to early to be that happy and enthusiastic.