Chapter 7: The club

"Absolutely not !" I screamed at her. Come on Leela it's your birthday. She was trying to get me to go to a bar not to drink. I know what I was like drunk I was not doing that. She knew about the rape. I had nightmares almost every night and screamed . It was hard to hide it but it had been a year. I could finally go out .

Knowing Reese was put behind bars because of my testimony in court. So I finally gave in and said yes but only to play pool which I would go to that club to do sometimes. I made sure they put a red x on my hand that way I couldn't get drinks I was only seventeen and wasn't making that mistake again. My roommate Patrica thought I was lame I didn't care.

People still blamed me that's why I stayed in most of the time. I decided on a black dress with red belt and heels. I decided not to get an x and have a little fun which Patrica commented on. "Your gonna have some fun?" I said " maybe one drink" after playing some pool Patrica went out to smoke a cigarette. I stayed at the bar and was having a mental battle.

I decided not to and a guy came over and sat next to me. Oh no I thought. He said " Hey pretty lady." I smiled and walked away. I didn't want this he was obviously drunk and just wanted some . I had vowed after that night never to let it get to far. Guys just want one thing there is no such thing as love. Just a thing girls hope they will find . And guys use to get in your pants. I was very blunt with guys.

Even online guys tried to flirt with me. I didn't get into one relationship yet. I still had some hope I saw Patrica and her boyfriend John and they looked so happy. I wanted to be like them. Boys had hurt me in the past it was hard to trust. I watched as Patrica and John giggled why couldn't all relationships be like that. When I think back to me and my ex's relationship it was never like that. I was happy it ended even if it was me getting rapped.  I decided to take a swig of my drink and go outside to get some fresh air. In here it smelled like sweat and the music blasted loud . I was happy to get out of our apartment but, why did she have to take me here?