"Tris. Can we talk now?" I ask.

"No. We'll talk later. Class is starting," she replies and looks at the board. Well, I guess I'll have to wait until tonight.

----------------page break--------------

The bell rings, and I go to my locker. I pack my stuff and find the gang.

"Has Tris talked to you yet?" Marlene asks.

"No. I've tried to talk to her three times. And she always finds an excuse," I reply.

"Bad luck bro," Uriah says.

"Yeah," I say.

Zeke runs up to us.

"Four. Guess what? Tris is coming to the party," Zeke says.

"Seriously?" I ask.

"Seriously," he says.

"Don't worry. I'll get Tris to talk to you. I'll either dare you to do seven minutes in heaven with her. Or I'll dare her to listen to you," Christina says.

"Ok. Thanks," I reply.

I walk to my car and get in. I drive home and go inside. I find Dad in the living room.

"Hey Dad. I'm going to Zeke's party tonight," I say.

"Ok. Don't be too late," Dad replies.

"I won't," I say and run upstairs to my room.

I do my homework and finish a book I've been reading. I go into my closet and pick something out. I end up wearing black jeans, a tight red shirt, and black sneakers. I grab my phone and put it in my back pocket. I run downstairs and grab my car keys.

"Bye Dad. Wish me luck," I say.

"Wish you luck for what?" Dad asks.

"I'm going to tell Tris I like her," I reply.

"Ok son. Don't screw it up," he says.

"I'll try not to," I say and walk out the door.

I get in my car and drive to Zeke's house. It's 6:30, and the party starts at 7:00. I decided I would help Zeke and Uriah set up everything. I walk into the house and hear screaming. I run into the kitchen and see Zeke and Uriah covered in food.

"Hey. What happened here?!" I yell.

"We're making punch," Uriah says.

"Why were you screaming?" I ask.

"Uriah wanted to put pepper in the punch," Zeke replies.

"Get out of here. I'll make the punch," I say and kick Zeke and Uriah out.

I get the ingredients I need and fix the punch. I set it out along with a bunch of cups. You never know how many people will show. I go into the living room and see Zeke and Uriah setting up the DJ booth. The doorbell rings, and people start flooding in. I'm not a big fan of parties, so I go off into a side room. After awhile, I'm joined by Zeke, Shauna, Uriah, Marlene, Will, and Christina. But no Tris.

"We'll start playing when Tris gets here," Will says. 5 minutes later we hear the door open.

I look up and see Tris. And I don't want to take my eyes off of her. She's wearing a strapless red dress that flows down to her knees. She has on white wedges, and her hair cascades down her back in bouncy curls. She's absolutely beautiful.

"Tris. Come sit down. We're playing party games," Uriah says. Tris sits down next to Christina.

"Ok. Tris, truth or dare?" Zeke asks.

"Dare," Tris says.

"I dare you to sit on Four's lap until your next turn," Zeke replies. Thank you Zeke.

"Fine," Tris says and gets up. She smooths her dress down and sits down on my lap. I wrap my arms around her waist because I couldn't help it.

"Christina, truth or dare?" Tris asks.

"Truth," Christina replies.

"How many boyfriends have you had including Will?" Tris asks.

"Three. Four, truth or dare?" Christina asks.

"Dare," I say.

"I dare you to do seven minutes in heaven with Tris," she replies. I'm glad she decided on this. It will be easier if we are alone.

"Ok," I say and get up.

Tris gets up and follows me into a closet. She sits down against a wall, and I sit across from her. She stares at a wall for awhile. She's probably uncomfortable. It's now or never.

"Tris. I have something to tell you," I say. Tris looks at me.

"Ok," she says slowly.

"I think that you are beautiful, brave, and smart. And you're different. When I met you, I knew you were special. Tris. I like you," I say.

I slowly start to lean in. This wasn't part of the plan. But I can't help myself. I press my lips to hers, and I'm surprised when she kisses back. I pull away and stare into her beautiful blue-gray eyes. The kiss was magical. I put my mouth to her ear.

"Now it's up to you," I whisper. Zeke opens the door.

"Time's up," Zeke says.

I wink at Tris and get up. I offer my hand and help her up. We go into the room, and Tris sits down in my lap. After awhile of playing, the party ends. Tris leaves as soon as the party ends. We herd all of the people out, and it's just me, Marlene, Shauna, Christina, Uriah, Zeke, and Will. We all sit down in the living room.

"So. What happened?" Christina asks.

"I told her how I felt and said it was up to her now," I reply.

"Is that all?" Shauna asks.

"I may have kissed her," I answer.

"Aww," they all squeal. I laugh.

"I have to get home," I say.

"Bye," they all call.

"Bye weirdos," I say and walk out.

I get in my car and drive home. I go inside and find Dad.

"How did it go?" Dad asks.

"Good. I guess. I told her how I feel and said it was up to her now," I answer.

"And you kissed her didn't you?" he asks.

"Yeah. How did you know?" I ask.

"The look on your face says it all Tobias," he replies. I blush.

"Well. I'm tired. I'm going to bed," I say.

"Ok," Dad says.

I go up to my room and change into some sweatpants. I lay down under the covers.

I hope Tris likes me too, or I just made a fool out of myself.