Chapter 14

Harry's P.O.V

It's been over a month since the accident and Maria is still in a coma. Some of her cuts have healed, but the deeper ones are still there.

I've been in this hospital everyday, slept on the chair every night hoping that she will wake up. Part of me knows there's a chance she might not make it and I'm trying to push that part away. It's hard.

Today's a special day. When I woke up, I moved to the side of her bed to check on her. She was still laying there, peacefully.

I planted a kiss on her forehead. "Happy Birthday love." I could feel the tears forming in my eye. She was finally turning 21. It's a special birthday, and she won't be able to celebrate it.

"Harry?" Mary-Beth was standing by the door with a bag of chips. " I brought you some food."

"Thanks." I gave her a smile. It wasn't real. We both knew it. I haven't been able to smile for real since the accident. Concerts would come and I'd have to put on a fake smile. Everything seemed fake though. She made everything real. Everything true.

She set the chips down and went to the other side of Maria.

"Hey boo. I know you can't hear me, but happy birthday. I wish you could be here and we could all celebrate together." She sniffled, trying to hold back tears. "But I mean, hey. When you get up, then we could celebrate. We could go to that bar you've been wanting to go to. Then we can rent that party bus and just have fun."

I could see the pain in her eyes. She really loves Maria. She's all she really has since her parents died. Maria has always been by her side. I don't know what she'd do if she was gone.

I heard a knock on the door. "Hey. We heard there's a birthday girl." Liam, Niall, Louis, Diana, Ed, Olivia, Maria's doctor, and Maria's parents and siblings came into the room.

I gave them a smile. Niall set a big teddy bear on the counter next to Maria. Louis brought flowers and put them next to the teddy bear. Liam placed the balloons in his hand next the bed. By the time everyone was done placing things in the room, it looked like a room Maria would love. She's so creative, that these decorations are perfect for her.

"Ok. I think it's time to sing happy birthday," the doctor said.

We sang happy birthday and we all took turns saying something we either remember about Maria. By the end, we were all crying.

They all decided to go get something for lunch, but I didn't go with them. I wanted to be next to her as much as I can.

"I'll bring you back something," Mary-Beth told me. I nodded to her and they left.

I sat on the bed and looked at Maria. I kissed her forehead and placed a rose in her hands.

"Hey. So I know you can't hear me right now, but I wanted to let you know that I miss you. I miss getting texts from you and hearing your voice. I miss seeing that beautiful smile of yours. I miss your kisses and your hugs." I was choking back the tears, but I could feel them about to come. "I miss you. I love you so much. Please don't leave me." The tears were out now. "I need you."