Chapter 37

There was a knock at the door, and when I looked up, Mary-Beth entered the room.

"Hi. Sorry to interrupt, I was just wondering if I could talk to Maria for a bit." I moved my body from Harry's chest and held myself up by my forearms.

"Ya. Sure," Harry said. He planted a kiss on my forehead, "I'll see you later." He moved out of the bed then threw on his shirt and left the room.

"Hi," Mary-Beth said. She started walking slowly over to my bed.

"Hi," I said. I stood up and started making my bed. Once I was done, I sat down on the opposite side and signaled Mary-Beth to sit with me.

"How are you?" She sat down and I looked at her.

"I'm fine," I said.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I looked at her for a bit then laid down. I looked up to the ceiling, and she layed down across from me.

"It's just weird. To have someone here, and to see them with a smile, then next thing you know, they're gone." I paused for a minute. "She was so young. She had her whole life ahead of her, and now she can't even experience happiness." I felt a tear roll down my face.

"She experienced happiness. She got to meet you. Did you see how happy she was when she was with you. It was as if you were her big sister." I started to really cry and I sat up.

"Oh. Maria. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry." She hugged me and I cried into her shoulder. "Listen to me. She's in a better place. She's up there making friends and being happy with her beautiful long hair and her beautiful clothes. Don't cry, please. You should be happy that she's happy." I stayed hugging her for sometime until I stopped crying.

I'm very thankful that I have her to take care of me and to be by my side at times like these. Mary-Beth has been so understanding and has been by my side through the worst of times. If it weren't for her, I would be a wreck.

"Thank you. Thank you for everything," I said.

"You're welcome. Now get some rest. Tomorrow's Christmas Eve and I want you to be well rested." I nodded and moved under the blankets. I rested my head on the pillow and closed my eyes thinking of Eli up there being happy.

......

Harry's P.O.V

I walked out of Maria's room and headed to mine. When I opened the door Niall, Liam, and Louis were in the room.

"How is she?" Liam asked.

"She's fine. She's talking to Mary-Beth right now," I said.

"Oh ok," Niall said.

"So what happened?" Louis asked. I told them the story of what happened. It was hard to repeat what happened. I'm not going to lie, I did almost cry.

When I finished telling the story, they came up to me and hugged me.

"Hey. It's going to be ok. She's in a better place. She's up there making friends and being happy," Niall said.

"Ya. You're right. It just sucks since she was so young," I said.

There was a knock on the door and Louis went to go open it. Mary-Beth was at the door.

"Hey. Harry, I talked to Maria, and now she's asleep. I didn't know if you wanted to go watch over her some more, or if you wanted me to do it," she said.

"I'll go." I headed to the door and turned to face everyone before I left. "I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"Dude. It's barely three," Louis said.

"Yes, but I barely got three hours of sleep last night," I said.

"True." I showed a smile then walked over to Maria's room. When I walked in, she was laying in her bed with a pillow to her arms. I walked over to her and removed the pillow from her arms as carefully as I could. Once I removed it, I climbed into the bed with her, my chest to her back. I held onto her and gave her a kiss on her head.

"I love you. I know it's hard for me to say it to you, but one day, I'll have the courage to say it to your face," I said to her. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

(Hey you guys. I am so sorry I haven't updated in some time. I've been really busy. I'm so sorry. Thankfully Spring break is coming up soon,(since the days and weeks go by quickly lately), then I'll be able to update more than once per day. Once again, I'm sorry. I hope everyone's enjoying the book, and is enjoying life and stuff. :)