I Act Like I'm Tough, He Treats Me Like A Teddy Bear ; 18 Final Chapter

I looked one last time at my smoldering eyes in the mirror before securing the knife in my boot and the gun in my purse.

My now red hair was straightened and braided to my head.

As I made my way to the club I worked out ways in my head as to how I’d do what I had to do tonight. I didn’t want to kill Chris, but, it was the only way.

Anonymous POV

‘Are you sure about this?’ asked a small man sitting in the shadows.

The other man with him nodded reassuringly and this seemed to settle something.

‘Bring her to me tonight. Do not harm her past knocking her out. Leave the rest to me.’ he said malevolently. The second man just nodded stiffly before leaving.

Rose’s POV

When I was finally at the club I had decided to try and get him on my own. I sat at the bar counter and ordered a water. No point in getting drunk when I’d need to be focused later on.

I felt a mass of body heat next to me and looked to the side and saw Chris smiling devilishly at me. I smiled back and faced my body towards him and leaned slightly forward touching his arm.

‘Dance with me.’ I said and we went to the crowded floor and started dancing amoungst the other bodies.

‘So Anne, want to get out of here.’ I leaned my body closer to his and smiled. He grinned and took my hand pulling me towards the door.

We got into a cab and he said the address. I sat close to him and placed my hand high on his inner thigh.

He audibly gulped and I smiled. Then I noticed something. The car, the man in the drivers seat was another one of Hans men. And from what I could tell I was being brought to his ware house.

To distract Chris I started kissing his neck and slung my leg over his lap so I was now straddling him. I kissed him and brought my hand down to my boot and pulled out the knife and I put it to his throat.

His eyes widened a little bit. ‘Sorry but I have to do this.’ I whispered and just as I was about to cut his throat the car slammed and I was flung backwards and the knife flew from my hand and soon enough the car was rolling and I was crying out as my body his something. And when it finally stopped we were upside down and I was loosing consciousness and the red and blue flashing lights showed up blaring their sirens.

I drifted in and out of consciousness for the next , well I don’t know how long but lets say a day.

I didn’t recognize the faces around me and the words being said didn’t register to my brain.

I mostly just looked at them. Confused wondering how I got where I was.

The next time I woke up, I could tell I was going to be better, because I didn’t feel, foggy anymore. The first person I saw was Jimmy and I struggled not to cry but I hugged him.

He seemed upset but didn’t ask any questions.

He looked sad.

‘Why? Why did you leave like that rose?’ he asked.

This time I felt the tears leak from my eyes as I explained everything to him. Well not everything, but the whole thing with Hans.

He shook his head a little bit.

‘Rose, Chris, wasn’t one of Hans men. He was a cop trying to bust him for years. We arrested him just before your accident and him and his men are going to be in jail for a long time.

I choked on my sobs and put my head in my hands. He pulled me into a hug and rubbed circles on my back.

“What do you mean by wasn’t?’ I asked finally having that register.

His expression looked pained and he said that he didn’t make it through the accident.

I shook my head unable to comprehend. I was the only one not wearing a bloody seatbelt and I was the only one who apparently made it.

My Left calf was broken and it was in a heavy looking cast wrapped in purple. I grimaced at the colour. I had a bandage around my head and I was instructed not to move around to quickly for it would cause severe pain in my head and back. I learned this out quickly and had to be subdued when I became ‘hysterical.’ There word, not mine. Pretty soon Josh and Carson showed up.

They were extremely worried and I Carson was bawling her eyes out. Josh watched me sadly and silently held my hand and just sat there.

I ended up crying a lot.

Finally after I few days I was aloud to go back to school with my friends. Jimmy had talked me out of being sent to Jail, I don’t know how but I was really grateful.

When he dropped us off at the school I asked the others to wait by the gate for me so I could talk to him.

I stood there looking at him then wordlessly hugged him.

‘You better stay in my life still once I’m 18.’ I muttered.

He said he would.

‘You’re the best Jimmy. And I love you. You’re the father I never had.’ I cried a little bit and he was getting choked up.

‘See you kiddo.’ He smiled and ushered me to my friends.

‘Rose. I love you too.’ he waved and drove away.

Carson and I hung out all the rest of that day, and when she went to bed that night and snuck out, leaving a note, knowing I wouldn’t be coming back until morning and then left the room with my crutches.

I ended up at the pool and sat down beside it, dipping my good leg into the water and lying down on the pavement looked up at the inky sky dotted with stars.

I felt someone walking up next to me and lie down. It was josh of course.

We lay in silence as we both watched the sky.

‘You asked me why I cut once.’ He said suddenly.

I turned my face to him, he was still looking at the sky.

‘It’s because I guess, I am so tired to being told to be more like Julie. I’m tired of people creating their expectations for me and I didn’t know how to deal with it.

I stopped it all after you asked me that the first time Rose.’

I looked at him. and he finally looked towards me to.

‘I love you, and I swear I almost killed myself when I found you gone in the morning and that note you left.’ I kissed him to make him stop talking.

‘I’m so sorry. I love you to.’ I said, resting my forehead to his.