"What are you guys doing here? You do realize it's so early in the morning, right?" Eren asked them in a hushed whisper. He ushered them to come in and silently closed the door.

"Mikasa was worrying her head off because she thought you would go crazy about the fact that... well, you know. She couldn't take it anymore and just drove here in the middle of the night, so we figured we would go with her because we were all worried ourselves," Krista replied for Armin. Eren couldn't even remember what instrument she even played. She was always so cute and quiet and she didn't talk much to Eren, but when she did she was always so friendly. Maybe she played the flute? The violin? She looked like the kind of person who would play those two instruments.

"You worry too much," Eren said to Mikasa with a small shake of his head. "As you can see, I'm fine."

"Your hair is a mess and your eyes look like you've been crying all night. Your lips looked really puffy too. Are you sure you're okay?" she asked quickly in a quiet tone of voice as her eyes trailed up and down Eren.

"Eren, is that a hickey-" Sasha began and pointed to his neck.

"No! It is not a hickey!" he cut her off and brought his hand up to cover his neck. "What are you saying? Me? With a hickey? Ridiculous."

"Eren, what's with all that noise? It was okay for you too be so noisy last night but could you please tone it down right now?" Levi shouted from the kitchen and Eren knew he was caught.

All eyes were on Eren and he started to slowly inch away from them. Jean was trying his best not to burst out laughing, but looked like he was convulsing and Marco was giving him the certain look as if saying 'you're so screwed'.

"Who. Was. That?" Mikasa said sternly, making each word sharp and loud.

"'Noisy last night?'" Jean quoted and had to hold in his stomach as he erupted into a fit of laughter. "Damn, Jaeger, you've been busy."

As if on cue, Levi walked in with his boxers and with no shirt on, revealing all the scratch and kiss marks Eren left on him that night. He was sipping hot, steaming tea from a thrift store mug and yawned as he stared at Eren. He didn't notice their small audience at first, but almost ran away when he did.

"What is Mr. Ackerman doing here?" Marco asked and shot a suspicious glance their way.

"Eren, you have a lot of explaining to do," Mikasa growled and shot a glare at Levi.

"Tch. Why do I have to see you lot just when I quit my job," Levi muttered under his breath and took another sip. He was holding the mug by the rim and Eren was surprised that his finger tips weren't burning at all.

Mikasa looked like she was going to murder someone, and that someone was definitely Eren.

---

She shot questions at him the way a machine gun spat put bullets in a blur. She was worried about him, but also mad at him for not explaining some certain things. The bundle of friends were now sitting in Levi's cramped living room while the man stared at them with disgust from afar. They all kept touching the interesting music art on the walls and his instruments on the stands, and he didn't appreciate it at all.

"You didn't.. you two didn't do it, did you?" Mikasa asked frantically. Her eyes were bulging out and her lips were pursed in a sharp line.

Eren choked on his spit as Levi answered for him. "Define 'it' "

"Oh, you know what I mean, old man," she spat back as she lowered into the couch as Sasha patted her back as an attempt to calm her down.

"Of course not," Eren said quickly.

"Now that she mentioned it, are you guys an item?" Krista asked curiously. "I mean, Eren, you were always his favorite student in class anyway."

The man almost spat out his tea as he tried to keep his composure. "I don't choose favorites."

"Favorites? I was the total opposite, remember? He yelled at me all the time and..." he trailed off, remembering all the nostalgic memories. The first time he met him and the first time they both kissed when he claimed he was only trying to shut him up, but there was more to that. He had feelings for him then, and had to deal with the fact that it wasn't mutual love yet.

"Don't change the subject," Armin blurted out as Marco and Jean nodded in agreement. "So are you? Are you two going out?"

The brown haired boy squirmed in his seat as he took glances and looks at Levi as if saying 'save me!'

"Yes. We are."

"Levi-"

Eren stopped talking as he watched his sister's eyes grow wide with shock and anger, but she quickly calmed down.

"Okay," she said solemnly.

"'Okay?' That's all you're going to say?" Jean blubbered as he rose to his feet and pointed at Eren.

"Well, yeah. We're not children anymore, Jean, you should know that. It doesn't really affect my life at all anyway." Mikasa shrugged as she blinked muiltiple times while looking at Levi again. "Hurt him and you're dead meat. Please remember that."

"But," Sasha started, finally talking, "He was our music teacher! Don't you find that weird? Isn't he like some kind of pedophile?"

Levi shook his head with disgust and sighed. "Ouch. I'm not that old. I'm twenty five thank you very much."

Krista looked like she was about to start laughing out loud in that soft soprano voice of hers, the one that sounded like bells ringing. "You're joking, right?"

"You look so much older," Marco stated as he squinted at the man.

"Don't be rude," Levi scoffed as he left the room, clearly tired of listening to their bickering.

Eren and the others sat in awkward silence and spoke of anything for what seemed like hours. Their friend Eren Jaeger, who was oh so popular with ladies because of his mad musician skills, ended up dating someone so unexpected. Mikasa didn't want to fight him, because after all she just wanted him to be happy.

"You better continue to focus on your music. Your next competition is up pretty soon and I want him to distract you. You better do well," Mikasa told him firmly.

"I will, I will. I never thought you would underestimate me," he replied with a questioning look.

"I'm just worried, Eren. You tend to be a tad forgetful at times, but I know you mean well. Just... just try your best, okay? I'm sure mom would like that."

And the black shadow of grief washed over him once more.

---

AN:

mY NEXT CON IS ON MONDAY CAN YOU HEAR MY SCREAMING iM Ss O EXCITEF

anyway, i hope you enjoyed! filler chapter, but the next one will be pretty straight forward to plot.

leave a vote and comment if you like!

thank you so much for reading! i love you all <3

~your best friend takeshi