These New Eyes, My New Life: Chapter 18

I know what you're thinking: oh my god! a new chapter! she didn't die! Well no, I didn't die, and I no longer have writer's block! I changed the ending COMPLETLEY for chapter 17, so if you haven't read that you're about to be very confused! So go read that and then read this and.... enjoy(:

______________________________________________________________________________

The next day at lunch, I walked into the cafeteria with Taylor, both of us clad in our cheer-gear.

    "So what are you and Cole doing tonight?" Taylor asked me.

    I blinked. "Um. I actually don’t know," I said.

    "Well how are you going to know what to wear if you don’t know what you're doing?" she asked me.

    "Good point," I said.

    "You should go over there and ask him," she said.

    "Good idea!" I said. She laughed, and turned toward their table.

    "You better come eat with us today though!" Taylor called after me.

    I didn't look back at her, I just walked up the table.

    No one got the chance to greet me, because as soon as I walked up, Sophie scooted her chair inches away from Cole's and smiled at him, acting all sexy.

    "So, Cole. I was thinking we should do something tonight. Like, go to a movie or something," she said. She touched his knee. "Or we could hang out at my place," she said, flicking her hair towards me.

    Cole's expression was shocked. Almost everyone's jaw was dropped. I was pissed.

    I marched over to where they were, and managed to squeeze between there chairs, and perch on the edge of the table, putting a big block in front of Sophie. I smiled at Cole, pretending none of that ever happened.

    "Hey!" I said.

    He smiled at me. "Hey," he said.

    I bit my lip and gave him a very sad look.

"What is it?" he asked, a small crease forming between his eyebrows.

    I sighed, but before speaking, I lightly kicked my foot back and forth twice, so Sophie's hand was knocked away. She huffed angrily and crossed her arms in outrage.

    "I really don’t think I can make it tonight. I'm sorry…" I said.

    "Oh, it's all right," he said, but he was extremely disappointed.

    A smile broke out across my face, and I began giggling.

    "What?" he asked.

    "I was just kissing!" I said.

    Now was hid turn to laugh.

    My cheeks turned bright pink and my eyes widening.

    "I-I meant I was just kidding!" I said quickly.

    "Yeah. Sure Bekka," he said, smirking.

    "Oh, God. Okay! I-I'll talk to you later!" I said, and I hurried away from the table, not looking back.

    "Whoa Bekka. What's with the rosy cheeks?" Chris asked.

    I pressed my hands to my cheeks. "Oh my God!" I cried, laying my head down on my arms on the table, covering my face.

    "What happened?" Nick asked.

    "Did everything go okay with Cole?" Taylor asked.

    "I totally just said kissing instead of kidding!" I said.