These New Eyes, My New Life: Chapter 8

**Originally apart of chapter 2

_______________________________________________________________________________

The next morning, as I was getting ready for school, I felt a revelation coming. I couldn’t put my finger on what it was; I just knew one was coming. As I did my make-up, my thoughts kept flickering back to last night. It confused me. My mind was having… a mind of it's own. Do you know what it feels like to have something on the edge of your mind but you can't figure out what it is? Well let me tell you: it's annoying.

   When I arrived at school, I stomped through the parking lot, deeply frustrated. As my feet reached the concrete, I saw my group, laughing, some of them looking at me, waiting for me. Then I saw Cole, Peter, and Mason, and few other people I didn't know very well. I saw the way Cole was smiling at me, and my heart fluttered. I saw the way Peter and Mason were looking at me, and I was flattered. I saw the way Derek, Chris, and most of the other guys in my group were smiling at me. I was flattered even more. I saw the way Tyler was trying his hardest to ignore my presence, but every now and then, his eyes would flicker to me, and their would be a deep longing in them. I stopped walking.

    I could kiss anyone of these guys with no repercussions. I could do whatever I wanted to do with anyone, and have no boyfriend to have to turn to. I didn't have anything holding me back; I was free.

    "Oh," I breathed out, finally getting my revelation.

    I was single, and it felt good. I had no boyfriend I had to go everywhere with. I had not only one person who I could go on dates with; I had dozens. I could not only kiss one person; I could kiss a ton of people. I was single, free to do whatever I wanted to do. I wasn’t about to jump into another relationship!

    A smile broke out over my face, and I walked to my group, a pep in my step.

    "Hey guys!" I greeted cheerfully.

    "Ooh, looks like everything went good last night," Ashleigh said.

    "Tell us everything!" Nila said.

    "I- well. It was fun," I said, shrugging. I glanced to my right. I knew Cole was listening in.

    "Fun? I like fun," Ashleigh said, winking.

    "How far did it get?" Nila whispered.

    "We kissed once," I stated.

    "Once," Ashleigh repeated, staring at me.

    "Once," I insisted.

    "Once?!" Nila whined.

    "Oh, God! Yes! Once!" I exclaimed, sick of the word.

    "Why once?" Ashleigh asked.

    Hm. "I really don’t know," I said, thoughtful.

    "Ugh. Well when's the next date?" Nila asked.

    "Didn't plan one," I said.

    "Why?" Ashleigh asked.

    "Um, I don’t know. But I've kind of come to a revelation," I said, my eyes flickering to Cole once more. His expression was intrigued, and it definitely wasn’t intrigued by his conversation with Jenna Lee.

    "And…?" Ashleigh persisted.

    "I… kind of want to be single for a while, you know? I've been tied down for a long time, and I just want to live a little," I said more to Cole than to the other two.

    I… I'm sorry. I just… I began awkwardly to Cole.

    I understand. It's cool, he replied.

    I looked over at him. He was smiling coolly at me. I saw no hurt in his eyes. I breathed a sigh of relief.

    "But… I thought you liked him?" Ashleigh asked.

    "Like, really, really liked him!" Nila added.

    "C'mon. You get what I'm saying right? For a year I was stuck with one guy, and now I march up to anyone and just make-out with them! That feels good," I said, begging them to understand.

    "Well, of course I get it!" Nila said, smiling at me and rolling her eyes.

    "Well I don’t," Ashleigh said, making a face. I just sighed and shook my head.

    Nick, yes that Nick, was walking up to me. He seemed nervous, a really rare occurrence in Nick. I wondered what he wanted.

    "Hey, Nick," I said, smiling at him, completely oblivious.

    "Hey, Bekka," he said, smirking back. "I was wondering if you would go to Derek's party with me Friday?" he asked.

    I blinked at him in disbelief. Go to a party with Nick? "Like a date?" I asked stupidly

    "Well, yeah," he said. He ran his fingers through his hair nervously.

    I blanked for a minute. Really? Go to a party as a date with Nick? That could be fun. Maybe we could be more than friends. "Yeah! That'd me great," I said, smiling at him

    "Great," he said, seeming relieved. "Pick you up at eight?"

    "Sure," I nodded at him.

    "See you later," he said.

    "Bye," I twinkled my fingers at him. I turned back to Nila and Ashleigh, but instead looked at Cole. I bit my lip at his tense figure, but careless, easy-going expression, laughing at something.

    "Mm, mm, mm," Ashleigh said, shaking her head.

    "What?" I asked, my eyes widening innocently.

    "This isn't going to last long," Nila said, in the same tone Ashleigh used.

    "It will!" I stated defiantly.

    "Okay, Bekka," Nila said.

    "Honest!" I said.

    "Sure," Ashleigh said, condescendingly.

    "I can go kiss every guy within ten feet of me and not feel bad!" I declared, getting fired up at their doubtfulness.

    "Of course you can, honey," Ashleigh said.

    "We have complete faith in you!" Nila chimed.

    I stamped my foot angrily. I spotted Jeff Conway. I was seriously about to march up to him and kiss him.

    I let out an 'ugh!'. "I would totally go kiss him! But I'm not a tramp!" I said, angry with myself. When they giggled and shook their heads at me. I narrowed my eyes. "Just you two wait until Friday night! Just wait!

" I said. I stormed away from them, towards the doors. I avoided Cole's gaze as I went into the school. 

______________________________________________________________________________

This is reeeeeeally short. I'm sorry. It's only two pages on word, so it'll probably be like one page on here. I'm really sorry! But did you like? How stupid is Bekka? I wanted to slap her when I wrote this! Lol well hope you liked!!

Byeeee!(:xx